What's new

Weeds (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The little wars between parents and kids, and between competing weed dealers were pretty funny, but I don't know if they can sustain this type of show over a long haul because this type of stuff almost always ends up with a drug bust and it's game over for suburban widow weed dealer.

MikeyWeitz

Supporting Actor
They could have it on for a few ears and have her busted in a final episode for sure.
Pretty funny stuff.

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
The kids struck me as speaking a little ahead of their years, especially the younger ones, and as a whole it seems almost too similar to "Desperate Housewives". Of course, they have the advantage of being on premium cable, and the liberties that come with that, most notably that it'll be more realistic. I like the concept of the show, and I'm sure that now that we're past the pilot, it'll even out most of the rough patches. Funny thing is, I've known a lot of people similar people (from college...I swear!), so I'm wondering how real they'll get.

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
Finally finished watching S1. Gotta say it was pretty good. I love the scene towards the end, when Nancy is plotting her business expansion, and as Lupita shuts the door on her meeting on Shane, it's just like the end of Godfather when someone closes the door on Kay as mobsters are paying obeisance to Michael.

Chris Lockwood

Senior HTF Member
> I don't know if they can sustain this type of show over a long haul because this type of stuff almost always ends up with a drug bust

I haven't seen the show, but couldn't you make a similar argument about the Sopranos?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks