What's new

WE WERE SOLDIERS R3 DVD fights back to R! imports (1 Viewer)

YANG

Screenwriter
WE WERE SOLDIERS R3(SINGAPORE) DVD had hit the street.R1 sales is facing a threat.
The local release is a two disc set "collector's edition" with more than two hours of extras(including theatrical trailer).Packed in a slim dual disc,OLIVE GREEN keepcase.
Compared to the R1 release,the local version lacks DDEX surr. and "WE WERE SOLDIERS-MAKING IT RIGHT" featurette.And of course DPL SURR. and FRENCH DPL SURR.
The R1 import retails at about $50 locally,the R3 local release retails at about $40.

rutger_s

Supporting Actor
Yeah but is this Singapore release uncut?

Remember the R3 Singapore DVD of Black Hawk Down was edited for content.

YANG

Screenwriter
If this film is a edited version,R1 DVD would not be selling in the streets because the goverment body-BFC will ban fullcut version of a film.
This film had passed clean by the censors,with a local PG rating.
Every single title sold in singapore are subjected to be screened thoroughly by the censors.If a certain film gets edited by the censors,it will be released in video format in a edited version as well.Foreign import of original cut of edited films will be banned from selling openly on the streets.

R1 release of "WE WERE SOLDIERS" is available legally with PG rating labelled by the BFC.

This R3 local release is a uncut version.

On BHD,because the original full cut of the film was released theatrically with NC-16 rating,the DVD release have to be a edited version to achieve PG rating to be sold in the market openly.The original U.S version is banned here.
This is why you don't see SAVING PRIVATE RYAN(which was screened theatrically with NC16 rating) in SINGAPORE.

kevin_asai

Stunt Coordinator
YANG,

I saw We Were Soldiers DVD selling at S$39.90 in Blue Max. I think I will buy the R1 version because of its fantastic 5.1 EX mix.

YANG

Screenwriter
I agree that the U.S DDEX mix is much more better.That is why i had picked up this disc immediately when it hit the street,with a hefty price of S$50.
I believe that BLUEMAX brought in canadian stocks which comes with crappy dual language cover.That is a S$10 for the cover...:D :D :D
Anyway,i will check out the R3 release,probably rent from the video shops.
Will post a in depth review much later.

Leon Liew

Stunt Coordinator
YANG

Got the US R1 copy of WWS for S$48.00. Yeah have noticed the
R3 version, a 2 disc set and was surprised. One thing though
it has a documentary on a memorial service conducted by the
7th Cav veterans on its special features. Happened to pass by Laserflair and noticed the documentary which was being played.The US copy do not have it or perhaps its hidden
somewhere with an easter egg menu.

kevin_asai

Stunt Coordinator
I think I am gonna buy it since my friends who bought the DVD said it is a nice show on the 2nd viewing.

YANG

Screenwriter
LEON,
There isn't much notable hidden egg in the R1 release.The only easter egg i had found so far,is a PARAMOUNT 90TH ANNIVERSARY SILENT TRAILER which is suppose to appear before the copyright warning.
Now only,our local version carries the MEMORIAL SERVICE clips.

The price of R1 WWS had dropped to new low level of S$40.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks