What's new

We want your feedback - Rightcliq by Visa preview (1 Viewer)

Real Name
Tiffany
Hey guys! After talking with the Home Theater Forum's moderator, I’m pleased to announce that Home Theater Forum has been chosen as one of the feedback communities for Rightcliq™ by Visa. Rightcliq™ is a new online shopping tool that brings together the online shopping experience in one place – you can organize your products, get advice from friends and check-out faster on your favorite merchant sites. Home Theater Forum is all about researching and picking the best equipment and we think Rightcliq™ can make that process easier and more fun! We are in the early research phase and we really want to know what you think about it. Check it out now by simply clicking [COLOR= rgb(0, 64, 159)]rightcliq.visa.com[/COLOR]...signup (with IE or Firefox)... and you're on your way! Bang on it for a while and let us know what you think. Post feedback or questions on this thread to share with the community or private message us anytime. Thanks for helping us make Rightcliq™ even better than it is today!

Real Name
Tiffany
If you're a Mac user, you definitely CAN try out Rightcliq! You'll just need to use Firefox to download the plug-in, since it is only compatible with IE and Firefox right now. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
So, just so I'm clear on the goals here: this is essentially trying to combine the community of GDGT.com with the search of PriceGrabber? Except that user's search criteria will be going directly back to a credit card company and you can't use the search functionality unless you are a registered member? Can you give me the hard sell on why I would sign up for this when I don't have to in order to use Pricegrabber?

Real Name
Tiffany
Hey Sam! 

Sorry for the delay ... we have been busy over here trying to get our last minute holiday details "wrapped up" heh

So to answer your question, 

Rightcliq isn't about building a community...it's a tool that works WITH sites like Pricegrabber and GDGT in helping you compare products and make a good purchase decision. For example: say you want to buy a video cam. You're going to do your research online (compare specs, reviews, prices, etc.) and probably find a few that you like. You can save these cams to your Wishspace and even send them to friends for their input. It's a great way to manage the stuff you might want to buy. Plus, it can make payment, check-out and tracking faster and easier. 

I really think you should check it out, bang on it a bit and let us know.. might even be your next favorite gadget!

If you have questions, please take a look at the FAQ page [COLOR= windowtext]https://rightcliq.visa.com/ECSWebApp/support/faqs.go#general-1[/COLOR] or pm us at any time
and we would be happy to help.

Happy Shopping!

[SIZE= smaller] [/SIZE]

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Thank you for the invite but I think I'm going to pass for now and let some others be the test cases for this one. My major concerns are in putting too much financial data in one companies hands and in simply giving credit card companies additional opportunities to data mine me and other consumers. With the ability to hand my Amex purchase history over to Visa (I buy almost everything via AMEX) this would be a really big gift of me to Visa without a comparable set of tangible benefits to me that I can see right now. Good luck with the program tho and thanks for thinking of HTF as a potential first step with this! I'm sorry I am not the target audience for it but wish you well!

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Tiffany-
Thanks for coming aboard. I think the concept is interesting, and I liked how I was able to select objects and the way I was able to sort them on your site, but I ended up disabling the application as it really slowed my browser down (IE8). When ever I would launch my browser it would just hang for 20 seconds before pulling up the home page or allowing me to navigate anywhere, and it seemed like regular navigation was a bit slower.

Real Name
Tiffany
Hi Adam,

Thanks for the welcome and thanks for your great feedback! This is exactly the type of feedback we were hoping to get by previewing Rightcliq with a community like Home Theater Forum. I’m passing along your feedback to the technical team behind Rightcliq. If you’re experiencing any additional problems using it with IE let us know!

Quick question, would you be more likely to use Rightcliq if this issue was resolved?

Thanks again, and let me know if you have any other questions!

Tiffany

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Tiffany,
Welcome aboard.

Had some initial problems installing the Firefox plug-in on
my laptop. Even though I installed it, I kept getting a pop-up
that said it was not installed.

The desktop installation went much smoother.

I agree with Parker above that there are way too many
hoops to jump through to register. At one point I was
very concerned about all the security questions.

Interesting concept though as far as I can see it's rather
limited. I mean, okay, I can shop and add items to my
wishlist but it serves nothing more than a holding area for
the items I have saved. I can't price compare with it nor
do I get alerts when better deals on that item are available.
Normally, I don't seek friends input on things I am looking
to buy.

I am going to keep using RightCliq for the moment in
hopes that more features will be added that will make it
a worthy shopping tool. At the moment all it serves for
me is to store items I plan to buy in it -- and that I can
already do on Amazon.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks