What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

International Pre-Order Waterloo (1970) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
5155TRvlE3L.jpg

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus
Have the Imprint release and since i have never seen this film before i will say the image is nice and sharp with bright colors. Looks good and will watch the whole movie this weekend and i hope to read more reviews of the Blu-ray.

IMG_0649.jpg

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus
Just finished watching it and it was good with some nice battle scenes but you get the feeling at the end of the film that something is missing and the score by Nino Rota is terrible. The Blu-ray could have used a commentary to explain what's going on but i guess you will have to do that yourself. The print used for the disc looks very good with no film damage and there is a nice extra on the history of the production.

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus
A new Blu-ray of Waterloo is coming out on June14th in the UK released by Mediumrare. Have the Imprint release but this one has some nice extras on it.

SPECIAL FEATURES
  • New 30-minute documentary on the making of Waterloo with previously unseen photos and behind-the-scenes footage.
  • Brand new audio commentary by Simon Lewis- author of the forthcoming book Waterloo- The Making of an Epic and actor Richard Heffer.
  • Waterloo Re-enactment footage France 2015
  • Theatrical Trailer
  • English subtitles
LIMITED EDITION BLU-RAY SPECIAL FEATURES:
  • Hardbound slipcase featuring newly commissioned artwork
  • Perfect-bound booklet of original 1970 Waterloo Souvenir Brochure
  • Reversible poster featuring the film original poster and Blu-ray original artwork.
  • 6 collectors' art cards

DVBRD

Second Unit
Real Name
Andy
A new Blu-ray of Waterloo is coming out on June14th in the UK released by Mediumrare. Have the Imprint release but this one has some nice extras on it.

SPECIAL FEATURES
  • New 30-minute documentary on the making of Waterloo with previously unseen photos and behind-the-scenes footage.
  • Brand new audio commentary by Simon Lewis- author of the forthcoming book Waterloo- The Making of an Epic and actor Richard Heffer.
  • Waterloo Re-enactment footage France 2015
  • Theatrical Trailer
  • English subtitles
LIMITED EDITION BLU-RAY SPECIAL FEATURES:
  • Hardbound slipcase featuring newly commissioned artwork
  • Perfect-bound booklet of original 1970 Waterloo Souvenir Brochure
  • Reversible poster featuring the film original poster and Blu-ray original artwork.
  • 6 collectors' art cards

Can anyone tell me why the U.S. only ever got a VHS release? Is there like legal issues or something?

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus
Can anyone tell me why the U.S. only ever got a VHS release? Is there like legal issues or something?
Paramount released it in theaters in the US and Columbia (Sony) in most of Europe and Mosfilm in the Soviet Union so i guess it's up to Paramount to release a disc in the US?

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus
Have the Mediumrare Blu-ray and did a quick comparison to the Imprint release and both have the same image and sound. Nice extras on the new one including lobby cards, booklet and a small poster. Will listen to the commentary the next time i watch it.
IMG_0964.JPG

David_B_K

Advanced Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Just finished watching it and it was good with some nice battle scenes but you get the feeling at the end of the film that something is missing and the score by Nino Rota is terrible. The Blu-ray could have used a commentary to explain what's going on but i guess you will have to do that yourself. The print used for the disc looks very good with no film damage and there is a nice extra on the history of the production.

It's a movie that is really just about the battle. They tried to cram in a lot of info in the first half to explain how the armies met at Waterloo, but I guess it helps to already know a little about the period. Most of us complain when they try to hang a historical epic onto a a fictional romantic subplot. This one didn't do that.

Though there is a lot of bonus material in this new package, I can't see ordering a third version of the same transfer even though it is a favorite film of mine.

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
Paramount released it in theaters in the US and Columbia (Sony) in most of Europe and Mosfilm in the Soviet Union so i guess it's up to Paramount to release a disc in the US?
WATERLOO when it released by Paramount in the US runs 121minutes. The Imprint version is released by Colombia which owned the international rights....the new blu ray is the full version 134 minutes and fantastic DTS fully directional stereo.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soonercineaste
Recent bookmarks