What's new

Warner Brothers: Amadeus SE w/ quality DTS track, please! (1 Viewer)

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
This movie with its wonderful music score (the archival score masters were recorded digitally, which I hope you used on the remix) and great atmosphere deserves a very high quality DTS track (not struck from the same downgraded DD 5.1 master).
What would really be a selling point is a separate release of the D.C. SE with a full bitrate DTS 24/96 track (off the best digital masters) spread to two DVD-9 discs (with properly placed intermission). The third disc would have loads of supplements.
Please, please, please Warner Brothers!! This is one of the greatest dramas of the 20th Century with two Oscar worthy performances from the leads (F. Murray Abraham and Tom Hulce-- why there weren't dual Oscars awarded for Best Actor...), IMHO. You can stretch yourselves a little bit for this title.
Thanks for your consideration!
Dan Hitchman

JulianK

Supporting Actor
There can’t be many films for which the sound quality is just as important as any other aspect of the presentation. It wasn’t Star Wars or Close Encounters of the Third Kind or Raiders of the Lost Ark that finally prompted my local theatre to install a stereo sound system, it was Amadeus!
A special edition full-bitrate dts version would be most welcome, and would be a strong selling point for those consumers who already have the existing disc, and aren’t too interested in any supplements. (A dts track was the reason I bought the new versions of Twister and the first three Lethal Weapon discs!)

Dan M

Second Unit
This movie has an overwelming soundtrack that indeed needs special attention. It's not like your average movie score with reaccuring themes and motifs. From start to finish it introduces various Mozart pieces as well as a few Salieri bits that suit the scenes perfectly.

Warner give this your best shot!

DTS please!!!

Jay Villero

Agent
Amadeus and DTS are a match made in home theater heaven!
One more vote for an Amadeus:SE (DTS) release. :emoji_thumbsup:
- Jay

Jeff_A

Screenwriter
I have eagerly anticipated this re-release since my rather late discovery of the DVD format. No one could have stated the potential areas of improvement better than the original post has just done (way to go, Dan!).
Please add one more emphatic please to your list Warner Brothers. :)

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
Count me in!

Amadeus is an movie which has sound which must be reproduced in the best quality way. While a DD 5.1 track would be fine, a DTS track would be fantastic.

Sanjay Gupta

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Sanjay Gupta
An 'Amadeus' DVD with anamorphic video and DTS sound has got to be the one DVD I wish to have the most. SO pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease give us Amadeus with DTS.

MikeEckman

Screenwriter
If Warner were to release one more DTS disk til the end of eternity, I would want it to be Amadeus. This movie would benefit so much from a DTS track, that it should be a no-brainer. Its too bad Warner's no-DTS policy will probably negate any chances of this happening, but I can still wish for it!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks