What's new

Warner Bros. Press Release-april Judy Garland Classics (1 Viewer)

Roger Rollins

Supporting Actor
I hadn't seen this artwork yet. It's sensational!
So much better than the cheap "photoshop headshot" work we see from MGM or FOX on classics....

The only downside is that the single disc releases (not MMISL) are in those @#$%^&*() snappers! Arggh! Fortunately, the films are so great, and the releases will be so top notch that I will be able to overlook the only fly in the Warner ointment. Aside from snappers, they can do no wrong in my eyes:emoji_thumbsup:

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
I'll be getting Meet Me in St. Louis and In the Good old Summertime.
Meet Me in St. Louis looks great and a great musical. I ball everytime Judy sings "Have yourself a Merry Little Christmas". Never been a better version because it has meaning here with the story.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
I actually am not very thrilled with the cover for In the Good Old Summertime. If you took away the title, I wouldn't be certain it wasn't from another film I hadn't seen yet. But, then again, I don't really care about cover art very much, and am just thrilled in getting the movie and being able to retire my ld.

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
Boy!
Looks like a boatload of individuals have been wanting Meet Me In St. Louis, judging by the Amazon statistics.

M.M.I.St.L. is #19 on the Best Sellers List (and it's only been on there for 3 days).

Look at all the TV-on-DVD titles high up on that list. 4 of the Top 10 are TV shows; and 11 of the Top 25 are TV programs! (As of 01/18/2004 PM.) Wow! Good to see.

Josh Simpson

Supporting Actor
I'm not the biggest fan of musicals, but I will definately pick this one up! On another note, I was Pee Wee Drummond in the musical stage version of this back in 91 or so, so it has special meaning to me. ;) :emoji_thumbsup:

RafaelPires

Supporting Actor
Can't hardly wait for all those titles. I'll sure buy them all!
Any rumors for Little Nelly Kelly, Presenting Lily Mars and the Rooney-Garland Babes movies?And great news about Easter Parade coming in 2005. Ann Miller is at her best shaking her blues away!!

Roger Rollins

Supporting Actor

I love the cover art on IN THE GOOD OLD SUMMERTIME (as well as all the Garland releases) just fine. All the films use the original theatrical key art*, which is a welcome Warner policy. Their artwork on classic titles is, like everything else they do on classics, heads-and-tails better than what their competitors do. (My only beef with Warners is their awful snappers!)

Knowing that EASTER PARADE is set for '05 is very welcome news, too. One of Judy and Fred's best, and sadly, their only picture together.

*-Actually the MEET ME IN ST. LOUIS packaging isn't an exact
replica of the orginal key art, but a subtle re-working of
original key art elements, which (in my opinion) improve upon the original.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
I'm confused... are these 6 films being released in a box set or as individual titles? Does Warner plan to release these films in some sort of collector's edition set because they seem to all be packaged as though they were intended for such?

Can someone please clarify for me..?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

Marco,
I checked several different sites and all of them indicate that there is no box set with only individual dvd releases coming out on 4-6-02.

Crawdaddy

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
I'm just thrilled. My $100 LD set for Meet me in St. Louis is shoved aside making room on the shelf. And In the Good ole Summertime has been one of my faves since I was a kid.

Heck, I'll get'em all.

:D :D :D :D

Doug Bull

Advanced Member
Real Name
Doug Bull
Interesting sign of the times?
Did you notice that the cover work is very careful not to mention or promote several of them as Musicals. Instead we seem to have love stories.

Is Musical still a killer word in the industry?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks