What's new

Warner 2 DVD offer (1 Viewer)

David Grove

Stunt Coordinator
I wonder if anyone knows the answer to a question about the current Warner promotional offer, in which one can buy any 2 of a published list of DVDs, and receive a third free (except for S&H).

I have tried calling the customer service number at the Warner video website, but got the corporate run around, in which absolutely no one had even heard of the offer, and I got passed from person to person until I just gave up.

Here is the question: The list includes the individual titles that comprise the Warner Legends Collection. I purchased the Collection, and consequently have 3 qualifiying titles. But, I didn't buy them individually. Does purchase of the Legends Collection meet the requirements to get a free title off the list?

Thanks for any comments.

David Grove

David Grove

Stunt Coordinator
I still didn't get a reply from Warners.

I did get a reply from Deepdiscountdvd.com but they just said just fill out the form. They didn't indicate whether individual titles in box sets "count".

In other words, does buying the Warners Legends Collection, which includes three qualifying titles ("Yankee Doodle Dandy", "Treasure of Sierra Madre", and "Adventures of Robin Hood") satisfy the "buy 2 double-disc DVD" condition?

Has anyone used the individually qualifying titles of a box set in the Warners "Buy 2, Get 1 Free" offer?

DG

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
David: I'd just send them the printout of your purchase at DDD, and include a note that indicates which movies in the Legends set qualified. As long as they're the exact same editions (I think they are), they might give it to you. The only thing that gives me pause is the fine print reading:
I can't tell you if the Legends boxset counts as another offer, but there's no harm in just filling out the form and sending it out. At the most, you'll be out postage and a couple spare minutes.

David Grove

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for your comments.

That's pretty much what I thought.

I just was hoping to learn the detailed rules. There are 3 titles in the Legend Collection, and they are exactly the qualifying titles. So, I have purchased 3 qualifying titles.

Also, the Chaplin collection... I bought it. It contains 4 qualifying titles. So, I have purchased 4 more.

But maybe the specified titles don't couont as much if they are purchased as part of a collection, rather than individually. That's what I was trying to find out. Sonce it takes 6 - 8 weeks to fulfill the order, there's hardly time to resubmit a corrected form (Offer expires 1/30/04).

Thus, for the special offer, although I have 7 qualifying titles in my possession, which I bought during the specified time period, I did not buy them as individual titles. Thus, I don't know if I have 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, or 7 qualifying titles. Something is better than nothing, so maybe I should go for the minimum, and submit the two box sets as two qualifying titles. Maybe I can get 1 free title.

The frustrating thing is that no one at Warner or DeepDiscount seems to know the real answer.

DG

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
The website is here, but you need to have bought the movies between 11/17/03 and 1/30/04 (i.e. two days from now). Be sure to read the fine print on the coupon.

BrianP

Supporting Actor

I received my free DVD after only 5 weeks. Sent in the offer on 12/18 and had the free DVD in my mail box on 1/23. I'm not sure about box set purchases but anyone using Columbia House enrollment titles shouldn't have any problems with the offer.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks