What's new

Warm and Smooth Sounding Speakers (1 Viewer)

wilborn f

Agent
According to several audio video magazines, the numbers that we should look for is the frequenzy response which should give us an indication of the bandwidth that a speaker can reach. However, after analyzing several known brands, the frequency response does not tell us which speaker is smooth or warm sounding. What i meant for warm is that the highs are not sharp and the midrange is smooth. In short, what im referring to are speakers which will not give the listeners some listening fatigue.

In my several years of being in this hobby, there is only one brand that i have auditioned (SONUS FABER) which gives this warm sound that im looking for. However, i have to empty my bank account just to have these expensive brand of speaker.

My first question is, are there speakers in the market which can compete with the warmness of the Sonus Fabers which are not that expensive? 2nd what number in the specification should i look for to be able to spot a warm sounding speaker.

Your comments will be greatly appreciated.

Tim Stumpf

Stunt Coordinator
How a speaker sounds is so subjective and dependent on many variables, such as your room, that what anyone tells you about how speakers sound is to be taken with a grain of salt. You need to go out and listen to as many as you can to decide what you think is warm or bright etc. If you think a speaker sounds warm someone else may not and it also depends on the amp you are using, room treatments just to name a couple. You could never really know a speaker is warm etc. from the specs you see. That term is just used by people who are trying to describe the sound of a given speaker to someone else and is always relative to something else. For example, many people find Klipsh speakers to sound bright or forward to the point of being hurtful to their ears. Some like that sound and call it detailed... Go figure. There are pleny of warm sounding speakers (to my ear) out on the market so just go and listen as much as you can given what's available in your area.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks