What's new

War of the Worlds (new movie... when?) (1 Viewer)

Eric Huffstutler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Huffstutler
It has been some time since I read that there was a more graphic version of War of the Worlds was to hit the screen in 2003 through Pendragon Pictures. I don't see it listed any longer at IMDB or AllMovie databases.
I also seem to remember a thread on it but can't find it now along with a link to a web site showing graphics (artist renderings) of scenes from the movie.
What is the latest on this?

Eric Huffstutler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Huffstutler
I was able to answer my own question concerning release of this film by visiting their web site.
Unfortunately, they are saying the movie has been pushed back to 2004 due to the 9-11 attacks. They are pushing to finish another "Terminator" like movie called Chrome prior to 2003.
They also said that instead of being modern day Seattle which falls under attack, they will rewrite the script to depict the original 1898 setting from the book.
Personally I think this is a mistake in more than one way but since this is a small independent company struggling for financial backers, i doubt the movie will ever materialize.
Just passing on the information.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks