What's new

"War of the Worlds" Asylum version - any good? (1 Viewer)

Eric Huffstutler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Huffstutler
Has anyone purchased or reviewed the little known Asylum Entertainment version of "War of the Worlds" starring C. Thomas Howell, Andy Lauer, Rhett Giles, Jake Busey to name a few... and tell me if it is worth purchasing? This version was written and produced by David Michael Latt.

Colton

Supporting Actor
It's horrible. Probably just as good as the Pendragon's War of the Worlds (Tim Hines) version. I rented the Asylum version from our local Hollywood Video in hopes that it would be a decent re-telling of the story, but it just drags on and on with lots of talk and very little martian invasion. The effects are cheap and the acting is laughable. Skip it.

- Colton

Eric Huffstutler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Huffstutler
Maybe I am a glutton for punishment after having bought the Pendragon version but also a completest. I purchased an autographed copy and now waiting on its arrival. Oh well...

Eric

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
After reading the reviews on Amazon, it sounds like it's a candidate for the "movies bought for nudity" thread. :laugh: I don't have a clue who the actresses are, but every review mentions gratuitous female nudity.

Eric Huffstutler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Huffstutler
Well, Asylum is better known for horror and shock movies so guess they are following the cheap horror movie formula... got to have at least one nude or sex scene in it.

MarkBirds

Stunt Coordinator
AVOID THIS MOVIE AT ALL COSTS!

It's frickin' horrible. The girl at the video store actually tried to talk me out of renting it, but I went ahead and got it anyway.

I said to her, "How bad can it be? C. Thomas Howell's in it."

Don't say you haven't been warned.

Colton

Supporting Actor
It was so bad that my wife and I just fast forwarded through all the slow spots - which was most of the movie. The "money shot" at the beginning (shower scene/titties) isn't worth torturing yourself to purchase/rent this crap.

- Colton

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks