What's new

wanted: HDTV receiver for analog signals (1 Viewer)

Lucas Dang

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone want to upgrade their Hdtv receiver, I just need one that can send the antenna signals from the air to my Mits 65807 ws set. Anyone have a recommendation, no direct tv, digital or dish service, Im just gonna get local stuff.

Jeff Whitford

Screenwriter
Lucas the cheapest way for you to get local HD programing would be to pickup a new or used DSS HD reciever and use that to pick up your locals. You dont even have to use it as a satelite reciever or sign up for any service. When the stations in Chicago started broadcasting we had several people come in and buy the recievers to pickup the locals and never signed up for sat service. In fact if you can find one used you dont even need the access card to recieve the locals. To the best of my knowledge manufactors local only tuners are ALOT more expensive the a DSS HD reciever. At least all the ones from manufactors we carry.Hope that helps.

Craig Robertson

Supporting Actor
the only "OTA only" STB i know of is the SIRT150 by samsung, it can be found for about $500 on the net. unfortunately, you missed the $100 mfr rebate by a couple of days.

or, as Jeff said, you can use any of the DirecTV HD sat boxes for OTA without a dish or subscription. the Dish Network 6000 rcvr will do OTA with the 8VSB plug in module, but you need to have a dish pointed at one of their sat's to make it rcv OTA! no subscription, tho. there is supposed to be a firmware update to make it OTA capable w/o the dish, but i don't know when or if it will happen, or even if it already has.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks