WAF: Tumult or front projection

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brad Dixon, Nov 4, 2002.

1. Brad Dixon

Brad Dixon Stunt Coordinator

Is there anybody that's been in a similar spot. Wife says one or the other. We had a Barco Data 801s for a short time and it was great but not exactly practical. We've got a 32" xbr at the moment so picture is good just not very big.

With our current sub it leaves a lot to be desired so I'm actually planning on going with a Tumult and in a few years getting another front projector setup. The only reason I'm asking is because of a couple really good deals on some used projectors lately.

Was just curious what others did in a similar situation and if they regretted it.

Brad

2. Brad, what is your current sub situation?

3. Brad Dixon

Brad Dixon Stunt Coordinator

Anthony,
    Currently we have a Paradigm PS1000. Nothing special in my opinion but when we bought our speakers(M&K s-125's r/l/c and ss-150's surround) there wasn't much left for the sub. This was before I knew about DIY speaker kits. I have access to basically a full wood shop thru my father so if I had to do it again I would definitely do it different.

thanks,
    Brad

4. The TV you have is pretty nice. The sub is ok. In long run, you will get a new sub and a FP TV. ...so you might as well replace the weak link and get a dual PR'd tumult [​IMG]
    ..atleast that is what I would do.