What's new

Vinegar Syndrome Labs (1 Viewer)

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
So Vinegar Syndrome has a new sub label, Vinegar Syndrome Labs and as their first release of this new line the have chosen Flesh and Fantasy (1943), some on this Forum my not know of this company, but they have been releasing quality products for 10 years now.

its a limited edition of 4000 units

hope this helps those that may be interested in one of the first anthology films, 2 years before Dead of Night

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Yup, a very interesting film as I'm sure it will be a big improvement over the 2014 Universal Vault DVD.

1672813799795.png

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Very familiar with VS and thrilled to see them join the ranks of blu ray distributors of Golden Age classics such as this great movie.
Yup, a good label as I will definitely order this particular title. I was happy with my last two purchases from VS which were 4K/UHD releases. They even setup shop in my hometown and list it as one of their corporate homes.

1672813889282.png
1672813932681.png

Last edited:

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
Vinegar Syndrome hasn't -- that I've noticed -- really released anything of interest to me.

Until now.

Julien Duvivier for the win.

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
I still have to watch VS’s UHD release of Dead Heat. So many films, and so little time.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
I wonder how VS Labs will differ from VS?
from their site

" Welcome Vinegar Syndrome Labs (VSL) to the VS Sub-Label family! As with each of our sub-labels we are hoping to expand and defy expectations with the diversity of films we restore and release. As the name implies, VSL will serve as a kind of testing area for releasing genres and eras of film that one might not immediately expect to come from VS. The ultimate objective of VSL will be to see if these types of films will find an audience, and if so, pursue and release more of them…and even if not, still serve as a means of restoring more of the weird, rare, and unusual movies you might not expect from Vinegar Syndrome. "

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Im glad SOMEONE made a VS thread, I was thinking about it after Flesh and Fantasy was announced ! I have several of their releases and the PQ/AQ is excellent from what I have, which is mainly horror
Anyway kudos to Dana Martin !

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
Im glad SOMEONE made a VS thread, I was thinking about it after Flesh and Fantasy was announced ! I have several of their releases and the PQ/AQ is excellent from what I have, which is mainly horror
Anyway kudos to Dana Martin !
well its subscribers week so everyday there is a new announcement, Chuck Norris Sidekicks gets a 4k UHD, and there is going to be another VSL release announced this Thursday as well. Hoping that it is another over looked Hollywood classic given a great release.

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
Very familiar with VS and thrilled to see them join the ranks of blu ray distributors of Golden Age classics such as this great movie.
Nice to see a lable best known for thier Horror catloge to expand thier offerings to other genres. They begain to widen out with 70s and 80s titles and now extending into 40s-50s classics...very cool!! Noir would be a perfect fit for this lable, and all the best to them. This is a great one to begin the path of classic offerings!! And what a cast!!! I hope thier restoration is as good as the title :D

RobertMG

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Robert M. Grippo
So Vinegar Syndrome has a new sub label, Vinegar Syndrome Labs and as their first release of this new line the have chosen Flesh and Fantasy (1943), some on this Forum my not know of this company, but they have been releasing quality products for 10 years now.

its a limited edition of 4000 units

hope this helps those that may be interested in one of the first anthology films, 2 years before Dead of Night

Nice to see a lable best known for thier Horror catloge to expand thier offerings to other genres. They begain to widen out with 70s and 80s titles and now extending into 40s-50s classics...very cool!! Noir would be a perfect fit for this lable, and all the best to them. This is a great one to begin the path of classic offerings!! And what a cast!!! I hope thier restoration is as good as the title :D
Another label will have access to Universal titles?

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
Another label will have access to Universal titles?
Apparently so, for their second announced VSL title another Universal International film

Curucu, Beast of the Amazon limited to 4,000 units

From famed writer/director Curt Siodmak – scribe of THE WOLF MAN, I WALKED WITH A ZOMBIE and DONOVAN’S BRAIN – comes perhaps the most notorious jungle shocker of the 50s: CURUCU, BEAST OF THE AMAZON! Starring 50s B-movie legend John Bromfield (REVENGE OF THE CREATURE), cult movie icon, Beverly Garland (IT CONQUERED THE WORLD), alongside Tom Payne (LOVE SLAVES OF THE AMAZON), Vinegar Syndrome Labs offers this criminally overlooked studio produced shocker on Blu-ray for the first time, newly restored in 2K from its completely uncensored 35mm dupe negative.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I came on here to see if there was talk of this and pleased to find it! I have everything they own being a long time supporter/subscriber and this new sub label looks even more promising! Hoping for more classic-era films from them. They dabbled before with TEENAGE ZOMBIES and noir with JOHNNY GUNMAN back before they went blue. Hoping these higher profile films sell enough they can expand this pre-70s era.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks