What's new

Vibrations and Audio Rack Placement (1 Viewer)

Marvin E

Stunt Coordinator
From what I have read, a corner is probably the worse place to put an audio equipement rack. On the right side of my audio rack, there is a left tower speaker that has 12" powered subwoofer. On the other side there is a 10" subwoofer for my center channel speaker. The rack is right between the two subs.It would be difficult to move it because of the wiring and cables. Would a bass trap help

eliminate damage to my receivers? The only other alternative I have would be to buy some type of entertainment center. But even then, the equipment would be positioned between the two speakers with powered subwoofers.

Marvin

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Well, Marvin, if you can’t move it, you can’t move it. It’s nothing to worry about, especially if there is no skipping problem with the CD or DVD players. As for any potential reliability problems due to vibration, if you’re like most of us here, you will have upgraded long before that happens.

Regards,

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

P.S., welcome to the Forum!

Saurav

Senior HTF Member
I agree. This would be a real issue if you were using a turntable, because then isolation from vibrations is crucial. For everything else, it's mostly a non-issue. If you're really concerned, you could use some isolation devices for peace of mind. Vibrapods cost about $5 - $6, and a bicycle inner tube costs half of that. I have my CD player on an inner tube. I think it sounds a little better that way, but of course it could all be my imagination :)

Marvin E

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Saurav and Wayne...Hey, Wayne, you're right! I plan to upgrade. I'm waiting for the Sherwood Newcastle R863. Check out the specs:

The Newcastle R-863 has 7.1 channel Dolby Digital and DTS-ES Dolby Pro Logic II, and DTS-Neo decoding. At 100 watts x 7 channels, 6 digital inputs, 1 digital output, On Screen Display, 5 DSP Modes, Dedicated Room 2 A/V Output, 2 Component Video Inputs- Progressive Scan Capable, 5 Audio Inputs, S-Video, 8 Pre-Amp Outputs.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks