What's new

International Via Vision Entertainment announces new premium Blu-ray label IMPRINT (2 Viewers)

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Here are my initial thoughts of "The Naked Jungle" Blu-ray:

The Naked Jungle
Having just watched the Aussie import of The Naked Jungle, I agree the colors are an improvement over the DVD. However, the film really needs a new HD transfer to be done. On both the DVD and blu ray, there are too many scenes that are soft looking and lack clarity. Close ups are nice but medium and long shots are often pitiful in that respect. Hopefully if Paramount ever adds this film to its Paramount Presents line, they'll strike up a new HD transfer that has a sharper image and a more detailed look.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Imprint Films - Edition Sixteen_Page_1.jpg
Imprint Films - Edition Sixteen_Page_2.jpg
Imprint Films - Edition Sixteen_Page_3.jpg
Imprint Films - Edition Sixteen_Page_4.jpg
Imprint Films - Edition Sixteen_Page_5.jpg
Imprint Films - Edition Sixteen_Page_6.jpg
Imprint Films - Edition Sixteen_Page_7.jpg
Imprint Films - Edition Sixteen_Page_8.jpg

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
A nice selection of titles. However, I stand to be corrected but none seem to be new transfers and those who have been waiting forever for Barabbas are bound to be disappointed. I'll be waiting on reviews but the only one I'll be getting for sure is The Nelson Affair which never got a DVD or laser disc release.

Bernard McNair

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bernard McNair
Excellent selection; I will definitely purchase The Nelson Affair (which I think is superb) and wait for reports on the quality of the transfers on several others (I have always enjoyed The Long Ships and Barabbas and can only hope for quality transfers).

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
However, I stand to be corrected but none seem to be new transfers and those who have been waiting forever for Barabbas are bound to be disappointed.
Well, I'm sure it won't be like that DVD upscale that the French bluray was, will it?

When are we expecting all these?

Ed Lachmann

Screenwriter
Real Name
Edmund Lachmann
I'm SO in for a Barabbas blu-ray without the unremovable subs of the French disc, as well as Damn the Defiant. I have the German Long Ships, which looks fabulous. So, if it is the same transfer it should also look great. Maybe Barabbas will have improved PQ also. Thank you, Imprint, so appreciated! Just wish it could be here for an Easter viewing.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Now, if only Imprint could branch out like Arrow did and release their Blu-rays in the U.S.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Like everyone else, I'm sceptical that Barabbas will receive the transfer it deserves but I'm hoping to be proved wrong.

PaulRossen

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Paul Rossen
Like everyone else, I'm sceptical that Barabbas will receive the transfer it deserves but I'm hoping to be proved wrong.
Barabbas in mono! This was a roadshow Technirama film that was quite spectacular in 70 mm. Overture, intermissions, entr’acte … Oh well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks