What's new

International Via Vision Entertainment announces new premium Blu-ray label IMPRINT (2 Viewers)

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
Yes, if you're not in Australia, these releases are very expensive. I fancied The President's Analyst, but it's £35 on eBay (that's the cheapest from a good seller that I've bought from before) & Alfie is £65! It's a two disc set & Imprint seen to charge by the disc, so god know what the Silver Screams & Hammer sets will cost. There comes a time when you just have to say no. I love The President's Analyst, but my US DVD looks pretty good, & if Paramount have licensed it out in Australia, well (I tell myself) there's a good chance they'll license it elsewhere, or even maybe release it themselves.

Boxed sets are pricey but they're in line with what other boutiques charge for similar sets in the UK and US. I get individual Imprint titles for $34 from Deep Discount - more or less what I pay for Arrow. OK, maybe a bit higher but these ARE hard to obtain outside of Australia so I don't mind paying a little more. I'm impressed by this label enough to grab select titles day 1 (when they're up for preorder at DD). I did make a mistake by purchasing the Major Dundee set, though. I should've anticipated a better release from another label down the line and, sure enough, Arrow announced their own release with an improved scan. Overall, an exciting label who have already released a handful of personal "grail" titles still MIA in the US.

Also, I've recently learned that the 1993 disaster film Alive was distributed by Paramount outside of North America (Disney controls US rights via Hollywood Pictures). I'll be over the moon if Imprint releases it on Blu-ray. I won't care if it's a dated master - I need this film in HD.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
Boxed sets are pricey but they're in line with what other boutiques charge for similar sets in the UK and US. I get individual Imprint titles for $34 from Deep Discount - more or less what I pay for Arrow. OK, maybe a bit higher but these ARE hard to obtain outside of Australia so I don't mind paying a little more. I'm impressed by this label enough to grab select titles day 1 (when they're up for preorder at DD). I did make a mistake by purchasing the Major Dundee set, though. I should've anticipated a better release from another label down the line and, sure enough, Arrow announced their own release with an improved scan. Overall, an exciting label who have already released a handful of personal "grail" titles still MIA in the US.

Also, I've recently learned that the 1993 disaster film Alive was distributed by Paramount outside of North America (Disney controls US rights via Hollywood Pictures). I'll be over the moon if Imprint releases it on Blu-ray. I won't care if it's a dated master - I need this film in HD.
The latest announcement from Imprint is an 8-film box set Collaborations: The Cinema of Zhang Yimou & Gong Li.

Priced at AU$200, which is currently about US$150. With eight films, that's under $20 per film.

Regarding Alive, I'm not especially interested in that film, but I hadn't considered Imprint releasing films that Disney has NA rights to while Paramount has non-NA rights. The thought that they might release Dragonslayer is exciting.

On edit: Of course, I realize that I have that last bit bass-ackwards. Dragonslayer was from Paramount in NA and Disney everywhere else.

Last edited:

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus
Finally got around to viewing The President's Analyst last night and what a great film and very underrated. The Imprint disc is ok with the image and could have been better but the sound was good.

borisfw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
Watched both Face Behind the Mask and The President's Analyst this past weekend. I'll third The Face Behind the Mask being a great film. Very good film with an excellent Lorre performance. PA is also a fun smart 60s farce with a very good Coburn performance. I thought both looked pretty good. But i am not an expert on techs of picture quality so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
E-mail Press Release - Sept2021-min.jpg

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus
Love the Harry Palmer series but already have them on Blu-ray. There are some new extras so maybe if it's on sale i might buy it. According to Imprint The Ipcress File is a restored 2K master, Funeral In Berlin is a HD presentation by Paramount Pictures and Billion Dollar Brain is a HD presentation by MGM. Might wait for the reviews first.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
Love the Harry Palmer series but already have them on Blu-ray. There are some new extras so maybe if it's on sale i might buy it. According to Imprint The Ipcress File is a restored 2K master, Funeral In Berlin is a HD presentation by Paramount Pictures and Billion Dollar Brain is a HD presentation by MGM. Might wait for the reviews first.
I suspect they're all the same masters as the existing discs (Kino Lorber for the 1st & 3rd, Paramount for the 2nd).

Keith Cobby

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Keith Cobby
My copy of The Bridges at Toko-Ri arrived yesterday. I’m happy with the presentation. Is this disc a brand new remaster? Doubtful. Could this presentation look better? Perhaps. Imprint’s disc, however, is damn good. Colors are strong, with little fade, and skin tones look natural. Dirt and such is at a minimum. Film grain is alive and well without being too intrusive. The film definitely looks much better here than the VHS and DVD copy I have. I consider the purchase an upgrade and a win.

I wanted to buy this but the price for the full screen presentation put me off so I bought it on Prime and will wait for a tidied up widescreen blu ray. This film would have been spectacular on VistaVision, the aerial and carrier scenes, locations and (of course) Grace Kelly.

Andrew Budgell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andy Budgell
I'm in for Lady in a Cage! The specs don't boast a new HD master, but it will still be good to have this one on disc. Coming on the heels of The Private Lives of Elizabeth and Essex, Santa Fe Trail, and The Screaming Woman, this rounds out a great year for Olivia de Havilland on Blu-ray.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I'm in for Lady in a Cage! The specs don't boast a new HD master, but it will still be good to have this one on disc. Coming on the heels of The Private Lives of Elizabeth and Essex, Santa Fe Trail, and The Screaming Woman, this rounds out a great year for Olivia de Havilland on Blu-ray.

They're going back to Paramount titles after a few months' hiatus. Maybe DRAGONSLAYER will be upcoming, with a commentary and behind-the-scenes f/x documentaries. This batch has a few titles not yet available in the U.S. In particular, I am interested in COUNTRY GIRL ands NAKED JUNGLE.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks