What's new

International Via Vision Entertainment announces new premium Blu-ray label IMPRINT (4 Viewers)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Enough already! People had their say, if you want to continue to talk about TT releases then do so in the TT thread. This thread is about Imprint releases. Any further posts will be deleted that continues this dispute or challenges my warning and a thread ban will be issued to that person.

borisfw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
The extended cut Twilight Time Major Dundee was NOT an inferior release. It eliminated a shitty score (unless you're a Mitch Miller fan) that even Sam Peckinpah hated. That you prefer the Amfitheatrof score is perfectly fine. TT opted to go with a superior underscore. Personally I'd love to see the "score by Tower records" that Kubrick laid on 2001 A Space Odyssey eliminated and replaced by Alex North's original score which Kubrick dumped but hey ..... that's just me.

I actually enjoy the Mitch Miller score. To each his own.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
The Film Noir sounds intriguing and I have a couple of those movies on DVD. I will like last time wait for reviews. Who would have thought The Garment Jungle would make it on Blu-ray :)
I have that DVD !
I still feel like some of these titles will be get US releases. And I have been checking reviews and so far Im glad I passed on I Married a monster from Outer Space and Sorry Wrong Number
I preordered "Essential Film Noir: Volume 1" from DD. I'm not getting any younger waiting on these titles to come to Blu-ray. I would like to finally watch "Alias Nick Beal" before I leave this earth. :D Plus, they have audio commentaries by the Film Noir Foundation guys Eddie Muller and Alan B. Rode. Both give very entertaining and informative commentaries.:thumbsup:

cinefan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Stephen
With the DeepDiscount sale i did order The Day of the Locust & The Winslow Boy for a total of $58.
I preordered Day of the Locust (a favorite film -- and book) from DD as well using one of the recent 15% coupons (my total is $29.70 shipped to NY). This will be my first Imprint title. I hope DD's listing of this as Region 0 is correct, since I'm not yet region-free-capable. I suppose I can return it or sell it if not -- or maybe it will inspire me to invest in going region-free.

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus
I preordered Day of the Locust (a favorite film -- and book) from DD as well using one of the recent 15% coupons (my total is $29.70 shipped to NY). This will be my first Imprint title. I hope DD's listing of this as Region 0 is correct, since I'm not yet region-free-capable. I suppose I can return it or sell it if not -- or maybe it will inspire me to invest in going region-free.
My Blu-rays of War of the Worlds and Waterloo were region free so my guess is that the upcoming releases will be the same. DeepDiscount did cancel my order of Waterloo before it came out so i had to order it on another site. Have my all region player for about 9 years and bought over 40 titles not available in the US.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I just received Imprint's "A Place in the Sun" from DD using one of those 15% coupons and it is Region free.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
I have all of the Wave #1 (May) and Wave #2 (August) titles. Every single one of them is Region Free. Since with Wave #3 they will be dealing with some new studios -- Universal, Sony, and (in Wave #4) MGM -- it's possible that some upcoming titles will not be Region Free, but I suspect not.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Any chance more copies of waterloo will be available? If not, is the european edition substantially different in terms of picture?

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus
Any chance more copies of waterloo will be available? If not, is the european edition substantially different in terms of picture?
Looks like it's sold out but you can buy it on Ebay and other sites. Was surprised how quickly it was sold out and none of the websites i know even reviewed it. I have it and looks very nice and i thought i read somewhere that it is the same transfer as the Koch Media German release and you can buy that on Amazon UK.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
I'm trying to find where this was announced publicly, but one of the Aussies on bluray.com has reported that all the Wave 1 itmes will be
re-released on Feb 17 as Standard Editions. I can't find anything on VV Social Media or the VV/Imprint Website, but this information has proven pretty reliable in the past

David_B_K

Advanced Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David

I have both, and the transfers look the same to me. The Imprint version has a nice feature in which Sheldon Hall supplies a lot of information about the making of the film.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
I'm trying to find where this was announced publicly, but one of the Aussies on bluray.com has reported that all the Wave 1 itmes will be
re-released on Feb 17 as Standard Editions. I can't find anything on VV Social Media or the VV/Imprint Website, but this information has proven pretty reliable in the past
. Great news. Waterloo is an important title for me but I was hesitating on the $30+ price

Angelo Colombus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Angelo Colombus
Just received the shipping notice from DeepDiscount on The Day of the Locust & The Winslow Boy so it should be interesting on how they compare to my dvd's.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Got my notification of "Major Dundee" being shipped. Looking forward to seeing a good Blu-Ray version of this!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks