What's new

VH1 Classic (1 Viewer)

L. Anton Dencklau

Second Unit
Whoever is programming videos at Vh1 Classic is getting a thumbs up from me. I just came home from work and clicked thru in time to catch Black Flag's "Television Party" and The Replacements "Bastards of Young". How cool is that? I didn't even know videos existed for these songs. more like this please!

nickGreenwood

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick Greenwood
Last night they were showing Bands Reunited, I watched back to back episodes, Frankie Goes to Hollywood and Berlin. Frankie almost reunited, they sort of did, but only for a discussion, and Berlin completely reunited, concert and all.
The only other one I had seen of this show was New Kids on the Block, and they didn't even get to the point of being in the same room together, which kind of bummed me out a little.
But yeah the channel rocks, they actually show music videos, who would've thunk it.
A lot of good programming on this channel, my television rarely sees another channel.

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
I stopped watching when they started playing 90s movies and TV shows like "Club MTV" and "Yo! MTV Raps".

I want my music channels like an alcoholic likes his whiskey...Straight, no chaser.

My distaste for VH1 Classic's newest direction is due to the fact that as I was born in 1982, I didn't see MTV in their music video-only days. I wasn't allowed to watch it until the mid-90s and the station had lost the plot by then.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

I'll just download old music instead.

Mark Murphy

Supporting Actor
For me its just the opposite.....give me old episodes of Yo! MTV Raps! I've only seen Yo!non once and it was an all day affair (pre-Tivo for me unfortunately). As far as Hip Hop goes, the early days of Yo! was the Golden Era of the genre.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks