What's new

Very New At This.... (1 Viewer)

Frankie Calen

Auditioning
I am a very new member...First post....Situation.....I recently purchased a Yamaha RXV 1000 receiver, Klipsch main speakers, Toshiba DVD for a start. I will start adding to it when my budget allows...I have a Misubishi S VHS VCR....I am getting sound from the VCR, but no video...I have the S VHS cable video out to receiver

Cliff

Stunt Coordinator
Frankie,

Welcome to the forum! Since you did not give any details about the connections in your system, I am going to assume that you have the video output from your VCR connected to the receiver (real nice receiver, BTW), and the video output from your receiver connected to the TV. The one piece of advice I can give right now is to make sure that the type of connection is the same for each of these. That is, if you use an S-video connection between the VCR and receiver, you have to use an S-video connection between the receiver and TV. If your TV does not have S-video inputs, then use composite connections throughout your system (these are cables with yellow RCA connectors).

If this does not help, please provide more details about what you are doing, and I am sure someone will be able to help you solve your problem.

Good luck!

Cliff

PaulKH

Second Unit
Frankie - assuming you have the S-Video connection from the VCR going to one of the S-video ins on the receiver, you need to also have the stereo audio out of the VCR connected to the corresponding audio ins of the receiver (the ones associated with the s-video in you used).

Assuming also you have the monitor (display) output from the receiver connected to your TV, then all you need to do is power it all up, make sure you've selected the right input on the receiver (the one your VCR is connected to) and video should be on your display and sound should come out of the speakers connected to the receiver, assuming the volume is up and it's not muted. If it's hooked up this way, the display's (TV's?) volume control is irrelevant.

Hope this helps.

Frankie Calen

Auditioning
Well, I took your advice and Just like magic, I have it running..Thanks Paul and Cliff...Next question..(As you can see, I am a newbie at this)...Do I need any other connections to do basic recording ? I am not able to record and play back...Believe me this is frustrating when I try and try and no luck....Frankie....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks