What's new

UXO...anyone heard about this? (1 Viewer)

Dave-Lo

Auditioning
No, its not Ultima 10, its the new mmorpg kind of a sequel to Ultima Online. EA hasen't put out much info on it but I saw a screenshot and pics of some of the mobs and they look great. I guess after the 'event' we'll know lots more.

SarahG

Second Unit
NO...all I know is a friend of mine who plays lots of EQ (hee hee) got that email to learn about the newest game in the Ultima Family!! Its online....My guess is that its an online version of Ultima...but not Ultima Online continuation and not Ultima 10- but something more and bigger...we will see I guess. I just thought that flash animation was fun and wanted to share it, etc.

Dave-Lo

Auditioning
I'm sure this is going to be an awesome game. Ultima Online was the best, I can't wait to see more of UXO. I hope we find out what the pvp, leveling, race availibility, and story lines are in this game.

Dave-Lo

Auditioning
OK Kelly B, what you need to do is get your friend drunk, steal your friend's office keys, sneak into the UXO dev room, take some internal documents, demos, and artwork, and then post them on this site. We would all be very grateful!

PS: See if you can get me a copy of Madden 2004 while your at it! :D

SarahG

Second Unit
Well...thats pretty cool!! Are you going to go to that event in California then with your friend????

SarahG

Second Unit
Replying to my own post because this footage i guess was leaked a few days ago and is pretty cool...its also supposed to be a little bit like what they will show at this thing in San Fran...

UXO Video

SarahG

Second Unit
Just wanted to let anyone who cares know..(+ please care...)
that my friend just left today..so all these folks are on their way to this big event...and tomorrow there will be tons of information about UXO- so no more in the dark!!

SarahG

Second Unit
I thought I would throw out that the reviews of this game from the big event last weekend are pretty good and plp seem pretty impressed...might just have to play this one after all....

http://www.homelanfed.com/index.php?id=16590
So will Ultima X be able to stand out from the large amount of MMORPGs already out or in the works? Unlike Ultima Online, the new game is entering into a crowded field in this genre, and other games like Everquest II and World of Warcraft are scheduled to be released in 2004 as well. The development team at Origin, however, believe that the action-oriented gameplay of Ultima X, among other things, will make the game stand out from all the other MMORPGs and they also think that other games in the genre will take some lessons from Ultima X and put them into their own games, like Ultima Online has served as the inspiration for many, if not most, other games in the genre. Time will tell if the development team is correct but based on their comments and our playtime at the press event Friday, we shouldn’t have to way that long to find out.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks