What's new

Using two recievers (1 Viewer)

fritz dg

Auditioning
I have an HK AVR525 and an onkyo, I would like to use the two receivers, and be able to switch without disconnecting every time is there a a kind of switching unit that can take my signals and send it to the recievers

and is this an expensive or degrading to audio or video signals?

my HK 525 tends to be good for movies, sattlite TV and Jazz, new age and most other none Rock and classic rock buisy and crowded passage music, it is too bright and the high vocalist is tiering to my ears (very harsh) has anyone else experienced this with HK? also the bass is laking in the later music mentioned, but very good otherwise in most others.

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Sounds like to me that the HK will be used for almost everything else but rock and classic rock which will be going through the Onkyo. Sounds like you need to get a second pair of speakers and just run it through the Onkyo. It can be done but it would require to run two sets of wires to all speakers and splitting the signal from the source (DVD, CD player etc...). Then to save them from getting over loaded you would have to create or purchase some kind of switching that would shut off the one receiver and turn on the other. I believe this is available.

Brad E

Second Unit
I have noticed that the H/K is a little bright sounding when playing music. Not to the point that it's offensive, but it is noticable.
I'd suggest selling the Onkyo and use the money to buy an equalizer.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
What are your speakers? Brightness could easily be attributed to the speakers and setup more than the receiver.

How about your source(s)? Does it do the same thing with all sources? Digital or analog connections?

fritz dg

Auditioning
It happens with all sources the only analog is my TV output
and I don't use it much, exept for my sattelite which is optical, my dvd is coax and my speakers are old Sansui towers S1117, they are great never sounded that bright with any of my prior receivers

Pioneer onkyo and another pioneer they have a 93 or 92 sensetivity and are efficient I belive they are Aluminium dome tweeters with adjutable respone dial

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks