What's new

Useless trivia thread. (1 Viewer)

greenscreened

Second Unit
Real Name
Bob
29 is the number of short straight lines needed to make the number 29 when it is written as words:
TWENTY NINE

greenscreened

Second Unit
Real Name
Bob
Seven is one of the most significant numbers across religions and culture.
To name but a few: seventh heaven, there are seven colors in the rainbow, seven days in a week, seven notes on a musical scale, seven seas, seven wonders of the world, the seven year itch, the seven metals of antiquity, seven continents, and numbers on opposite sides of a dice add up to seven.

Seven often appeared throughout the world's fictional works, such as Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, The Seven Little Foys, Robin and the Seven Hoods, Seven Ways from Sundown, Seven Days in May, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, The Magnificent Seven. The House of Seven Gables, Seven Sweethearts, The Seven Samurai, and, of course, James Bond 007.

dvdclon

Second Unit
Real Name
David
Seven is one of the most significant numbers across religions and culture.
To name but a few: seventh heaven, there are seven colors in the rainbow, seven days in a week, seven notes on a musical scale, seven seas, seven wonders of the world, the seven year itch, the seven metals of antiquity, seven continents, and numbers on opposite sides of a dice add up to seven.

Seven often appeared throughout the world's fictional works, such as Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, The Seven Little Foys, Robin and the Seven Hoods, Seven Ways from Sundown, Seven Days in May, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, The Magnificent Seven. The House of Seven Gables, Seven Sweethearts, The Seven Samurai, and, of course, James Bond 007.

Don't forget 77 Sunset Strip, Se7en, Seven Year Itch, The Seven-Ups and The Hateful Seven (Tarantino did an update of it :)).

greenscreened

Second Unit
Real Name
Bob
I would have thought the number nine would be significant. For example, such as in "casting out nines" as an arithmetic check.

Edited to read:

Seven is one of the most significant common numbers across religions and culture.

Even as someone who is not at all math-savvy, I have noticed long ago that nine is an important number, perhaps the most interesting digit in all of mathematics, exhibiting many properties that 0-8 don't.

Since then, I've always wanted to discuss the few observations I found regarding nine, with others who are more fluent in math.
Don't know if being the last single digit before the first double-digit 10 has anything to do with it or not, since I always like to know 'why' for just about anything I've heard or seen in or about this vast universe.

Got a lot of last minute holiday things to do today, but I'll try to be back before 9pm to hopefully discuss further!

In the meantime, here's one thing that I didn't know about '9':

Magic Number 9 Math Trick The Perfect Number - YouTube

greenscreened

Second Unit
Real Name
Bob
The words 'ace, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, jack, queen, king' contain 52 letters.

There are 52 cards in a pack (excluding jokers).

greenscreened

Second Unit
Real Name
Bob
In 1987, American Airlines saved $40,000 by eliminating just one olive from each salad served in first class.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
George Strait recorded two different songs on two different albums with the title “She’ll Leave You with a Smile”.
Interesting when that happens. Kylie Minogue did the same with a song titled "Love At First Sight". One was an album track on her debut album "Kylie" in 1987, the second was a popular single from her 2001 album, "Fever".

greenscreened

Second Unit
Real Name
Bob
Any six digit number wherein the first three digits are repeated as the second three digits is always divisible by 7, 11 and 13. Including all even digits, e.g. 286286

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks