What's new

Use your bike to play console games... (1 Viewer)

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
http://www.cateye.com/gamebike/

I just saw an ad in a Bike magazine, thought it was quite odd to be able to play a driving game when on a bike. What will they think of next! I mean I've seen those programs for your PC which lets you use your bike on a trainer and actually translate that into a computer cyclist in a race or just riding along, but this is just weird. Imagine playing Gran Turismo 3 while using your bike to steer and control via a stem mounted controller. (I guess to brake and ebrake.) Seems intended for the PS2 and there's not alot of info in the above link...

Jay

Kevin P

Screenwriter
It sounds like a great way to get some exercise while playing video games... or to provide some change of scenery while exercising.

Now if they could come up with an exercise bike interface where the game console can show scenery going by as you pedal and the resistance increases as you go uphill and decreases when you go downhill, that would be cool.

KJP

Ryan Wright

Screenwriter
Now if they could come up with an exercise bike interface where the game console can show scenery going by as you pedal and the resistance increases as you go uphill and decreases when you go downhill, that would be cool.
Uh, they already have one of these. It's called "Life". It's very realistic. There are some downsides, though:
[*]You only get one life. No continues, no retries. When your character dies, it's all over.[*]No power button.[*]No reset button.[*]After 18 hours of play, the damn thing shuts down and you can't play again for several hours.[/list]

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Ryan, you forgot the smily ;)

Kevin, I believe they do make one for the PC. I don't have a trainer since I generally like to ride outside, but I've heard about PC based racing games that will control the resistance of your trainer (fluid based) when you are say virtually going uphill or downhill. There's even a fan you can get to put the wind in your hair (and keep you cool).
Certainly the technology through X10 and software exists to make such things possible so it's just a matter of cost, but they do make such a thing. But using a bike to control a car is weird to me, I don't really see the appeal personally, but to each his own.

Jay

matt bee

Stunt Coordinator
So Ryan, where would one purchase the game of "Life" you mention? It sounds like something I might like to have.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks