What's new

Update: Greater Toronto Area HTF meet for this fall!!! (1 Viewer)

Norm Lalonde

Stunt Coordinator
Ok, I've gotten confirmation for The Inner Ear Show dates. It's October 19-21 at the downtown Holiday Inn.
Now I need input on whether to go to this show then head up to Orangeville for the rest of the day, or if we should do something else. I've yet to talk to Wayne Murphy about this, but I will as soon as possible.
Let me know what you all want to do. I'd still like to go to the show, but I'm just one voice.
Is there anything else we might do arround that time of year? Anyone?
Norm

brentl

Senior HTF Member
Yes somebody is here :) Of course it's 3:35 a.m so that may not be exactly true.
I will go regardless. Even Orangeville isn't that far away for a day or 2.
It may be a little late for a outdoor tent sleepover thing, but we should plan what e can.
I'll start looking into the Paradigm tour at the end of the month. they should have completed the move and should be settled by now.
Brent L
------------------
UPDATE TO PARADIGM TOUR ON MEETS PAGE!!!

Massimo N

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Norm!
Count me in for the Inner Ear Show and the get together in Orangeville after the show :) The only thing that would cause me to cancel is if my TV gets delivered that day (the 50HX81 is scheduled to be available last week September beginning Oct., so I should be o.k.).
As for suggestions, I would be interested in a Rear Projection (or FP) calibration process ... especially setting grey scale.
I almost missed this post
eek.gif
I don't come down to this part of the forum often.
Mass

Elliott Willschick

Second Unit
I would also be interested in seeing projection tv calibration. The Inner Ear Show also sounds(no pun intended) like it would be interesting.

Norm Lalonde

Stunt Coordinator
Oh boy!!! We may have a problem. Wayne seems to have gone and scheduled something already for that weekend. We'll have to wait and see what he says the next time he visits.
Norm

Sebastian_M

Stunt Coordinator
What is this Inner Ear show? A speaker show down? I would be interested in doing anything HTF related with fellow Torontonians though. Count me in.
Seb
------------------
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king.

Norm Lalonde

Stunt Coordinator
The Inner Ear Show is probably the closest thing (that I know of) to a Consumers Electronics Show we get here in the GTA. It's mostly about high end Audio, but there's a lot of home theater stuff as well. I've been to the last 2 shows and enjoyed it there. I'm looking forward to going again this year.
Norm

Wayne Murphy

Stunt Coordinator
Ya I might have bad news people. We may have someone coming from out of town to stay with us that week. I have to wait and see for a while to find out if I can still participate.
Inner Ear show is awesome for high end audio. I've been to 2 of them so far and they were incredible. I had a chance to listen to a setup that cost $350,000.00 for a cd transport, DA converter, preamp, 2 mono blocs and 2 360 degree speakers.......the only problem?
They were set up in an open room next to the Energy home theatre demo and you could barely hear them over the boom from next door.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks