What's new

Unreleased Christmas Specials on DVD. (1 Viewer)

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
"RE: Littlest Angel." Me and Whitaker have the same birthday, Dec 13th. He's practically my big bro. :p I like the minimal production design on it. Has a very nice holiday feel to it. The kind of film you just sort of discover. I was looking at a disc of that Mill Creek set a few weeks back to see the quality of K. Gordon Murray's Santa Claus (the Mexican one, :p ) and started watching something called The Christmas Without Snow (John Houseman/Michael Learned). Funny what you find on those multisets or just cheap PD dollar dvds. The transfers are sometimes really bad (that one was) but the film shines through somehow.

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
[I like the minimal production design on it. Has a very nice holiday feel to it. The kind of film you just sort of discover. I was looking at a disc of that Mill Creek set a few weeks back to see the quality of K. Gordon Murray's Santa Claus (the Mexican one, :p ) . The transfers are sometimes really bad (that one was) but the film shines through somehow. [/quote] Agreed. What the films lack in production values, they make due in heart, and the quality of the acting. In The Littlest Angel, I thought the actors were having fun with the material. . . . Tony Randall, Gwynne, etc. They probably thought it was a nice change of pace from what they normally did. And I love the music. I was disappointed the soundtrack never came out on CD. James

Guy Foulard

Second Unit
Real Name
Jason
NY2LA said:
A Christmas Memory is available on streaming Netflix and I think also on demand via cable or else it is just being run a lot because it's been showing up in searches quite a bit lately.
I think you may be referring to the 1997 Patty Duke version--the original sixties version with Geraldine Page is the one that's AWOL.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
JamesSmith said:
[I like the minimal production design on it. Has a very nice holiday feel to it. The kind of film you just sort of discover. I was looking at a disc of that Mill Creek set a few weeks back to see the quality of K. Gordon Murray's Santa Claus (the Mexican one, :p ) . The transfers are sometimes really bad (that one was) but the film shines through somehow.
Agreed. What the films lack in production values, they make due in heart, and the quality of the acting. In The Littlest Angel, I thought the actors were having fun with the material. . . . Tony Randall, Gwynne, etc. They probably thought it was a nice change of pace from what they normally did. And I love the music. I was disappointed the soundtrack never came out on CD. James [/quote] I forgot Randal was in that too. You're right about that. I'd read how Gwynne appreciated his Herman Munster role but he'd always said he wanted to do other stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks