What's new

Universal Television -Audio Errors (1 Viewer)

moviebuff75

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Scott Richard
I have noticed several differences between dvd releases and remastered Blu ray releases of Universal shows. The Blu rays have been cutting off music at the beginning of the show but the dvd had the music.

Examples:
"The Night Strangler" ..The opening note of music is on the DVD but cut on the Blu.

"Night Gallery: Season Three: The Girl With The Hungry Eyes"...The Blu is missing the first few notes of music, causing the entire opening sequence to be out of sync. The dvd has the correct placement of music. What is odd is that the Blu is completely in sync after this.

"Leave it To Beaver"...one season one episode has music cut off at the end of Act One. The dvd is complete.However, the dvd also has longer black leader in between, so that the music can play out. The Blu cuts to the next scene faster.

I wonder if this is because the DVDs used the stems or composite tracks and the blus use the print masters or optical negatives, which are subject to lab errors? I noticed that Beaver episodes have what sound like projectors pops at reel changes, when the DVDs are silent.

Last edited:

Robbie^Blackmon

Second Unit
Seems more likely that whoever was pushing the buttons while prepping the blu masters may have been a tad ham-fisted, and QC not just a little sloppy in review.

moviebuff75

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Scott Richard
I'm not sure. They did a great job with everything else, and I think they would have noticed, because with NG, the rest of the show is in sync. With NS, the first frame jumps, which is why I think they took it from the optical which obviously had a nasty splice.
I'm not sure how the first second doesn't get recorded when remastering.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ybmsmoke107
Recent bookmarks