What's new

Universal re-releasing some of the DVD's previously released on DVD-18s? (1 Viewer)

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
My ABBOTT & COSTELLO: THE COMPLETE UNIVERSAL PICTURES COLLECTION arrived in record time from Canadian Amazon! The Postal Worker informed me that for the first time, they are working 7 days a week for the month of December, which is completely unheard of here in the Great White North!

Anyway, I like the style and relative compactness of this set, though I'm a bit puzzled by the randomness of the DVD Label Color Scheme. Anyone who already owns this collection will understand my meaning. I would have also liked movie posters of each film on the disc labels, though this is somewhat compensated by their appearance on the inner covers.

All in all, this looks great!

CHEERS! :)

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Another bizarre development in the Abbott & Costello Universal Collection saga was the Single Sided Reissue of THE BEST OF ABBOTT & COSTELLO, VOLUME 1, which was released in 2012, a few years after the first A&C Complete Universal Pictures Collection was released in 2008. What makes this even stranger is that none of of the other "Best Of" Volumes have been reissued to date, though the Complete Universal Pictures Collection was reissued last year!

I'm really glad I didn't previously know about, or purchase the reissued "Best Of" Volume!

CHEERS! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks