What's new

unable to get DTS Playback (1 Viewer)

Will.MA

Stunt Coordinator
I've just upgraded to Yamaha HTR-5790 from DPL technology circa 1995. I can't get any output using DTS Playback while watching a movie. Changing the input selector to DTS causes the DTS logo to light in the display so it seems like the receiver is acknowleging the signal. But still there is no sound. EX/ES setting is off.

Using:
DTS 6.1/DD 5.1 encoded movie (Stargate: Special Edition)
Digital Coax connection b/t receiver and DVD
DTS/DD capable DVD player

I finally got a DD signal after figuring out I needed to change a setting on my DVD player. Still nothing for DTS.

Sorry for bothering you all with a noob question. I just can't figure it out on my own.

-Will

questrider

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian
My DVD player had the same output setting for DTS that I had to switch to "ON" for it to work. I have the HTR-5760 and it too wouldn't decode the DTS until I turned it on in the DVD player's Setup settings.

Will.MA

Stunt Coordinator
There is a button on my DVD player that selects the audio track that is output. It allows switching between 2-channel/DD/DTS. The receiver automatically switched to the appropriate input type given the source encoding. Cool.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction Brian.

Yes check to make sure this option is turned on and also you may have to manually activate it on the DVD menu that you plan to watch. On most DVD's DD is the default setting.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks