What's new

Ultimate in Irony - Glengarry Scam... (1 Viewer)

Jacques C

Stunt Coordinator
Hey all,
This is just too funny. On the front of the new Glengarry SE DVD there is an offer for $5 off with another select movie. I had already bought T2 (one of the ones eligible) and was going about filling everything out and cutting out the proof of purchases and...
Glengarry has no Proof of Purchase! Where there should be one (above the UPC) it is just plain white space. With another movie I would have been a bit miffed, but with this one it fits wonderfully.
If this was actually intentional, I salute the creators of the DVD. What a great joke.
Take care.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Y'know, I had put aside all that stuff and hadn't looked at the rebate offer yet. I just checked my box, and it also is blank white in the place you describe. :laugh: Too funny!

Jan Strnad

Screenwriter
I don't have the DVD, but did you check the inside of the spine? With snappers, at least, that's usually where the proof of purchase box is.

Jan

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
Are you sure this is intentional? Because on my Requiem For a Dream DVD (another Artisan release) there is no proof of purchase either. It's blank above the UPC, just like Glengarry.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
This is a keepcase, a 2-disc "thin" in the same vein as Gladiator.
Nothing on the insert, either.
Apparently DVDEmpire's copy was the same way! :D

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
I always thought the UPC was the proof of purchase. What type of proof of purchase are you looking for?
I checked a couple dozen other titles in my collection- and most are identical to Glengarry- they have a UPC with a black area right above it. The only ones that have anything above the UPC have a ISBN digit.
:confused:

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
By comparison, here is the back cover for Roswell: The U.F.O. Cover-Up, a TV-movie that was also released by Artisan to DVD the same week as GGR. Note the clearly marked Proof Of Purchase above the UPC bars:

BarryS

Second Unit
Damn it! I have the Reservoir Dogs SE, so I was planning to do the $5 rebate when I buy Glengarry Glen Ross. Why would the company put a false rebate offer on the front? Had they not thought of the possibility of lawsuits?

Page

Stunt Coordinator
The word I've heard is that the offer is legit. You need to cut the UPC bar code off the back cover as your proof of purchase. (For those not wishing to "mutilate" their back covers, you're out of luck at getting your five bucks.)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks