What's new

Ultimate Geeker DVD disc (1 Viewer)

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
Normally I wouldn't cross post this (one small moderator perk)-- but since many people who hang in this area have asked about this disc in the past, I thought I would post this here.
I am thinking about selling my rare Dolby Digital Demo and Test Disc. This disc was issued by Dolby labs, supposedly designed for professionals but offered for a few weeks on their website to consumers. It was promptly pulled- but a few copies are in circulation.
So, it is nearly one of a kind- and contains test signals specifically designed by Dolby for testing the inner workings of their gear (including various digital flaggings and test for dolby specific features like compression and dialog normalization).
Anyway, I have to raise money for a new receiver- so I'm selling some of my more rare discs. This one is on the block. It includes every possible test signal (in 5.1 and 2.0) for testing dolby decoding systems. Also includes some demo 5.1 material.
Anyway, since some DIY regulars had emailed me about this disc in the past, figured I'd post a note to say I'm finally letting it go.
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...threadid=73866
-Vince

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks