What's new

U.S. & Canada may miss out on extended cut with additional scenes on Tomb Raider DVD! (1 Viewer)

Johnny G

Supporting Actor
The region 2 DVD is finished, with scenes which were cut for the theatrical version due to being "too British" having been put back in.
I don't know if these will be in the Region 1 DVD but it seems safe to assume if they were cut for cinema to cater for America, the same would go for the DVD.

Don Myles

Stunt Coordinator
Thought there was a head-butt or something cut for the theatrical release of Tomb Raider in the UK - or was that just Mummy Returns?
I seem to remember it was in both.
Don

Don Myles

Stunt Coordinator
From IMDB:
Click Here For The Link
The UK version had several cuts to get a 12 rating but alternate footage was used to substitute several shots so the UK version is only 3 seconds shorter.
but:
The Director said in Empire magazine that he has produced another version of Tomb Raider for release as a DVD including some scenes but cutting others.
Hope this clarifies things
Don

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
"Too British"? What, were there scenes cut where Lara enters a tomb and finds several men dressed up as old housewives, and vikings yelling "I don't like spam!!!"?
------------------
-Jeff Cooper
"Curse you inspector Dim! You are too clever for us naughty people."

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Thought there was a head-butt or something cut for the theatrical release of Tomb Raider in the UK - or was that just Mummy Returns?
Mummy Returns had the head-butt cut (and Mulan too, yes Mark), Tomb Raider had a number of body blows (kicks..etc) and knife shots removed.
Didn't Martin say in an older thread (specificaly about the Empire interview) that Simon West was miss-quoted and that both R1 and R2 would be the same, both featuring the theatrical cut only?
Dan (UK)

Johnny G

Supporting Actor
According to DVD Monthly West says the DVD could be significantly different from the one cinema-goers are currently getting to see.
He is quoted as saying "I've done the DVD version already and there's extra stuff in that, but it's not a Director's Cut. Who knows, often like a year or two later they ask you to do a Director's Cut. It wouldn't be a three hour thing but it might be tonally different in areas. People are horrified that the DVD is not quite the same as it was in the cinema, but I actually quite like the idea of having 2 or 3 different versions of the film."

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
but I actually quite like the idea of having 2 or 3 different versions of the film
One good version of Tomb Raider would suffice.
wink.gif

Of course, like a sucker, I'll buy the DVD anyway for Angelina Jolie.

Tom Ryan

Screenwriter
I'd consider renting it if a new director's cut with "fantastic new plot" and "character development" and even "original action came out" :-D. Seriously, worst movie of the year, but looks like it's getting a good DVD release for those of you who liked it
wink.gif
-Tom

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryH12
Recent bookmarks