What's new

two recievers to 1 set of speakers? (1 Viewer)

Danny_JP

Grip
Heres my perdicament. I just bought the panasonic SC-HT670 surround sound system. It has alot of great features including a 5 disk DVD/CD player, dolby digital and pro-logic II etc. The only thing that it lacks (which I neglected to check for :frowning: ) is a digital input. I have a playstation 2 and an Xbox that I really was counting on getting surround audio out of. The only thing that I can think to do is buy another reciever that has digital inputs. Perhaps something used or not too expensive. My question is, is there a way to connect 2 recievers to the same set of speakers? Are there Y-shaped components that could split the speaker wire or would you need to tie the wires together? Also, would you lose quality doing something like this?

Any help will be appreciated ;)

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
If the Panasonic is an all-in-one unit, and it has a digital output, you could simply send the signal from it to the second receiver, and power everything from that one. Depending on what receiver you buy, I can almost guarantee you will be stepping up in amplification anyway, compared to an all-in-one unit.

If it has a separate receiver from the DVD player, sell the receiver that came with it, and pick up a new one.

Danny_JP

Grip
Im afraid that the reciever I have is a 5 disk DVD/CD player and reciever all in one. It has no digital input or output aside from the connections to the speaker cables. Thats why I cant connect it to any other unit. If I had known this beforehand I never would have bought it.

ChrisLazarko

Supporting Actor
Unfortunatly I have noticed that many Panasonic HTIB's seem to lack this. For whatever reason who the hell knows... I have also seen that some of the units do not features Dolby 5.1, and just do PLII instead. It's kind of interesting... Can you still return it? Or maybe pack it up and try to sell it like new?

Danny_JP

Grip
I might still be able to return it but I would much rather not. Its still a great speaker system and I got it for a good price. There must be something I can do aside from returning it.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Without digital in/outputs, there's not a whole lot you can do. Your next bet would be some sort of speaker selector that would allow you to use one set of speakers with the two different receivers. If you are going to go through all that trouble, I'd seriously be considering returning it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks