What's new

Tweeter Private Sale - what is it? (1 Viewer)

Andrew Pezzo

Second Unit
I got a call from a saleman from Tweeter yesterday who sold me a Denon AVR 3803 telling me they are having a private sale and to come in to talk to him. I would like to know what makes this a "private sale" and is it worth checking out. I dont really need anything at the moment (but I like to spend money so I am sure I could find something). Anyone out there have experience with this?

Kirk Gunn

Screenwriter
I was "invited" to one last year after I bought my XBR800 from them. Mostly 5% discounts, an occasional 10% and some open box specials. Nothing you can't get everyday with a minimum of haggling imho.

Francois Caron

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
François Caron
I've received "invitations" like these from other stores. They're basically marketing gimmicks designed to lure you into their stores and sell you more stuff. I can get better prices just by talking to my main contact at a store near my office.

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
They're intended to make you feel all warm and fuzzy because you're a special customer. That's about it. I doubt they'd turn away someone who wasn't invited, that'd be bad for business.

Dave Morton

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
Although not from Tweeter, I did get an invitation for the new Rotel processor from a small stereo store in my area. And that they were going to allow to trade up and take some money off. Well, I bought my surround processor for around $2k from them and they were going to give me a whopping $500 credit for my old processor and the new one was listed at $3k. Oh boy! Not! Like someone said earlier, they're just gimmicks to get you in the store.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks