What's new

TV shows with good on location footage (1 Viewer)

Wvtvguy

Second Unit
Real Name
Marc
M Squad had some nice shots of Chicago. Admittedly you may have to squint to see them on some episodes because the image is so bad.

Kojak has some great shots of gritty NY of the 70's. I thought they shot some of the later seasons in NY. I knew season 2 was done in LA. Still some nice establishing shots.

Streets of San Francisco

Hawaii Five O

Naked City is one show I sometimes freeze to look at signs & buildings in the background. A real time capsule.

Miami Vice was always a treat for me when I was snowed in during the winter

bmasters9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ben Masters
Wvtvguy said:
M Squad had some nice shots of Chicago. Admittedly you may have to squint to see them on some episodes because the image is so bad.

I'll grant you that the picture quality is pretty awful on that M Squad release (in fact, Timeless even admits as much at the top of each disc); however, I personally believe that Lee Marvin's star turn as Lt. Frank Ballinger more than makes up for it.

Wvtvguy

Second Unit
Real Name
Marc
No argument there. I'd never heard of the show but saw the box set pretty cheap so I jumped on it. I'm really enjoying it! A real snapshot of the era.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks