What's new

tv shows--second seasons? (1 Viewer)

Kurt N

Stunt Coordinator
I was just looking happily at my DVD collection and it dawned on me...I have no second seasons. I have first seasons of Buffy (2nd season's been delayed a little), MASH (2nd season delayed a little), Simpsons (let's not even go there), All in the Family (I've heard nothing about Season 2), Larry Sanders (nothing on Season 2), & Friends (has a date been announced?)

Now I'm looking forward to Mary Tyler Moore (Sept.), The Jeffersons (Aug), Sanford & Son (Aug) and South Park (Fall).

Am I the only one who's just a little nervous that all these sets are going to be left unfinished?

Chuck L

Screenwriter
It would not be unheard of for a studio to start what they aren't going to finish. The problem though is the supply and demand thing....if they supply it, say the first seeing of "What Happening" and it sells like shit, why release the second despite the fact of those that bought that first.

Again...all comes down to money. If they don't make it, you get the shaft.

Bryan Tuck

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan Tuck
At least the all the Star Trek: TNG sets are scheduled for release before the end of the year. And The Simpsons 2nd season is still on track for August 6, I think (this week, at least).

But I agree; I hope the other series get releases for their later seasons.

Tony Scello

Second Unit
I'm starting to get a little nervous about future seasons of All in the Family. I know the first season was bare bones and the transfer quality wasn't the greatest but I thoroughly enjoyed the episodes. Based on the episodes, season 2 should be even better. Unfortunately, I also haven't heard anything about a second season release. Does anyone know how the first season sold or have any rumors about a season two release?

EricCr

Stunt Coordinator
Buffy (2nd season's been delayed a little)
What date are you hearing? The fox dvd web site and store both still list it as June 11th. I think that is the same date they have been saying since the press release. I was also very happy to see they have season 3 listed as Winter 2002. If that happens I know one thing that will be under my tree this year!

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I honestly don't understand the concern for All in the Family (or Larry Sanders for that matter). Col/TS, not known for their TV season sets, puts these out, and now a couple months later are announcing "round 2", consisting of Jeffersons and Sandford & Son. I don't think they've gotten in all the data they want to make a go/no-go decision on Season 2 of anything yet. And, if they follow the MGM model for SG-1, we have a long wait anyway.

I'll hold tight before getting upset. I'm sure we'll see the S2's sooner or later on most of these. Right now it's probably a resource thing...as in not enough of them.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Yes but I want the whole series of these shows on DVD before 2010!

What's Happening only has 3 seasons, so it wouldn't be that hard to do.

Anthony Liz

Stunt Coordinator
Friends: Second Season was just announced today with a 09/03/02 release date and a $69.98 retail tag. DVD websites should be posting this, with full details, pretty soon.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
I think Columbia did a horrible job of promoting the All in the Family and Larry Sanders DVD sets, if you ask me. Meanwhile, Fox did somewhat better promoting M*A*S*H season 1.

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
Don't forget Farscape Season 1 (albeit in 11 volumes), with the first volume of Season 2 scheduled for June 25.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks