What's new

TV purchase help - #1 goal - eliminate loud commercials (1 Viewer)

Dave Horn

Auditioning
Hi all,

I need to get a new bedroom TV. My #1 priority above all else is to eliminate the loud commercials. I'm having a tough time figuring out which TVs have such feature and how such feature actually works.

I bought a Panasonic a year ago for just this reason, little did I know until after I bought it that Panasonics "atificial intelligence sound" feature only works on the RF input. What a load of bull.

So far the only other TV brand that seems to have this feature is Sony's "steady sound". Can anyone tell me if there are hidden string attached with "steady sound" or will it work with all inputs?

Any other brands that have this feature and your experience with this type of feature would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all,

Dave

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
Dave

Phillips-Magnavox has what they call "Smart Sound" just to lower the volume duriing commercials. From what I remember it works. Their 27 inch sets are pretty decent.

Artie

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.