What's new

TV noise? (1 Viewer)

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
My fiend just bought a 27 inch panasonic Flat Screen TV and we seem to be having picture troubles. The seems to be a slight amount of grey moving lines going across the screen. Kinda like when you put a VCR on pause. IT's not hugely noticable but still, he paid a decent amount and there should be a way to get rid of this. He thought it was dirty power coming from our apartment so he bought a monster cable power bar that cleans the power and nothing has changed. If anyone can help out that would be amazing!
Thank you

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Have you or your friend tried reducing the black level/"brightness" control? Try that and see what happens. (And don't fall for those power line-"conditioner" pitches. A good surge protector is all that's necessary.)

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
We have adjusted that. When we first had the TV set up we played Matrix Reloaded and it was just way too dark. See all that was adjusted to the Fight CLub THX set up thing. IT just seems like there is some interference coming from something. ALl the speakers are shielded and this happens even when the connections just go directly into the TV without the reciever.
THank you for the quick reply.

Ryan Petrich

Agent
I'm the friend in question. I've adjusted almost everything possible on the TV and still no resulsts. I did buy a rather good surge protector (at least so I thought - Monster HTS 800) with passive line conditioning just to see if it would help, but it didn't. There might be a fridge on the same circuit and there's a flourescent light out in the hall (it's an apartment) so I thought either of those might be the culprit.

Do I possibly need to look into a UPS backup system or something with active conditioning?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks