What's new

TV box set problem: How can I get a disc replacement? (1 Viewer)

ChrisSA

Auditioning
The 4th disc in my Touched By An Angel Season 1 box set is screwed up. In addition to skipping near the beginning of the first episode on the disc, one of the extras goes totally haywire. After a few minutes, most of the images turn into green blocks. I've never seen anything like this before.

I ordered the set from DeepDiscountDVD.com during the last sale, but I can't imagine them taking it back this late in the game. I looked on the Paramount site for some kind of e-mail address but came up empty. Would Paramount even be willing to send me a new 4th disc or replace my old one?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Scott Kimball

Screenwriter
Don't know if this is current info for Paramount or not, but it may be worth a try:

Paramount DVD Consumer Hotline: 323-956-8070

-Scott

Jeff#

Screenwriter
One of my KOJAK discs has some technical glitches with the opening theme and also a brief portion of Act 1 in the episode "Deliver Us Some Evil" guest-starring John Ritter. It's on the 2nd disc. But it's just that episode. The rest on that disc and the other discs are 100% fine. Does anyone else's copy have this problem or is it just mine?

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Jeff, I had problems with another episode in the set (and just on my Sony and Mac - the Panasonic player worked fine).

Gord

Bonnie*F

Stunt Coordinator
What a great excuse for going home and watching your new DVD's RIGHT NOW!! Ya have to make sure that every one of the discs work fine...don't you?;)

Jeff#

Screenwriter
I only have my Panasonic DVD recorder, Gord, but it is over 2 years old. It still is in excellent condition though.

My roommate has a Quasar DVD player that's even older than my recorder, but I haven't tried that with KOJAK yet.

Bonnie: If I don't want to watch a particular episode of a series that I've seen years before (such as Twlight Zone), but I want to see if the picture is flawless, I can simply scan at 100 X the regular speed. I have good eyes, and obvious video glitches are easy to spot! Of course 30X and 70X speeds require less immediate attention. :D

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
I have a bad TZ disc. The problem is, I already requested a replacement keepcase for one of the discs, only to find that there is a huge scratch/nick on the disc that affects playback.

Lutz Koch

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Lutz
I received an X-FILES SEASON 9 box from Amazon.com which contained two copies of disc #4, but unfortunately zero copies of disc #1... It was already too late to return the box when I discovered the problem, and besides, since I'm in Europe it would have been too expensive to return the complete set, anyway.

Does anybody here know whom I might contact at Fox for an exchange? Sending back one of the two #4's would not be a problem, but where should I send it? I already checked the Fox website but couldn't find any answers.

Thanks for any information.

Tony S

Stunt Coordinator
This is a problem that will continue to get worse as people buy sets and have one disc get damaged or lost. All studios need to be persuaded to set up a phone # so that consumers can replace their defective discs. Even if it is the consumer's fault that the disc got damaged, we should be able to purchase a replacement disc rather than having to buy a whole new set. Maybe someone could ask the studios during about this in future chats.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks