What's new

Turok - ch. 3 -- tigers..... (1 Viewer)

John B.

Stunt Coordinator
Am I the only one who can't believe how bad this game can be at times? I'm in the tiger area in the caves, and an exploding arrow to the head of one of the tigers doesn't kill it. The shotgun doesn't seem to work unless you're more than 3 or 4 ft away -- up close it's almost impossible to get out of an attack.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
You mean after all the negative threads on the game you still bought it? ;) Hit detection and bad AI is just one of the many gripes I've heard.

Jeffrey Forner

Screenwriter
Man, I hate to continue to rag on the Turok games like this, but here goes....

What you describe reminds me a lot of Turok 2. In that game, you could launch a grenade into a Dinosoid (a half man, half dinosaur creature) and he could still live through it. He wouldn't even be blown back by the force of the explosion. He would just carry on, attacking you like nothing ever happened. Yes, his health points would drop considerably, but one would think that the force of a grenade exploding would stun him at the very least. It was great in the first game, because if you used a grenade, or any other explosive weapon for that matter, the bad guys would go flying through the air.

I suppose if I'm going to keep ripping on the Turok sequels, I should at least play the new game. Fear not, for I shall rent it this weekend after I purchase my Xbox. I shall follow it up with a full report.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
I'm not very happy with this game, but at least I don't own it. (kissing the feet of the rental gods now) I didin't even bother playing it straight, went right for the cheats. The tigers are really pathetic, but a missile right up close (don't advise this without, say the invincibility cheat) does the job.

I am horribly stuck though in Chapter 6. Does anyone know how to get the third key (the one hanging right above the stump, with no visible way of jumping up or dropping down on it)? I am not returning this piece of shit until I can finish it (thank you, BB Game Freedom Pass) MTIA.

Joe michaels

Second Unit
Am I the only one who can't believe how bad this game can be at times? I'm in the tiger area in the caves, and an exploding arrow to the head of one of the tigers doesn't kill it. The shotgun doesn't seem to work unless you're more than 3 or 4 ft away -- up close it's almost impossible to get out of an attack.
You must have missed the thread about this. I have only seen two people post that they liked this game.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
David
I was stuck at exactly the same spot. What you have to do is right near the edge of the cliff next to the stump with the key, a bit to the right of it, look down over the edge and you will see a small ledge that you can drop down to and then climb up into the stump to get the last key.:)
I am currently on the seventh chapter and am still loving this game. As I have said in previous threads, the AI is very inconsistent, but the game is huge with plenty of variety to the chapters that are thankfully broken up into sub level save points. It would be incredibly frustrating if you had to start every chapter from the beginning.
I can certainly understand how some here are unhappy with it, but IMO, it is a great fun game. :emoji_thumbsup:

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Another thing I have noticed about this game is that it gets progressively better and harder as you go along. I especially liked Chapter 5.
May I just suggest that if you are at all interested in the Turok series, you should at least rent this game and give it a shot and make up your own minds. If I hadn't already purchased this game, I probably wouldn't have due to all it's negative reviews here.
Just a suggestion.:)

Frederick

Second Unit
Well, I rented it, and I have mixed feelings about it. It DEFINATELY has issues, but the weapons are cool :D. I've shot people in the head with poison arrows, and they didn't die. And those tigers were a pain. Good thing there was plenty of health around. I'm not going to buy this one. It just hasn't lived up to my expectations ...
Freddy C.

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
Despite the bad reviews I bought it anyway (it was an impulse buy at the counter!) I needed a shooter until Medal of Honor comes out in November. It's OK, but the first two Turok's were better (they even looked better) and I hate the control set up. Agent Under Fire is much better, but I got bored after about a month of play.

Ricky Hustle

Supporting Actor
but IMO, it is a great fun game
I'm with Tino on this one. Certainly it is not a perfect game, but it is still a good, fun romp. Some of the graphics look way cool, especially some of the larger dinos as they graze by a lake, waterfalls, rainbows etc.
I rate it a solid 7.9 out of 10.
BTW, Tino, I just had a son, hes 7 months now. His name is Anthony Tino, but he goes solely by Tino. Anthony is for his teachers and for when he's in trouble. :)
Tino is just a cool name. Just had to let you know that.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks