What's new

Travel destinations w/ toddler (1 Viewer)

Ari

Stunt Coordinator
The family will be going on vacation towards the end of April 2006....I know it's a long time away but I tend to plan stuff early....this will be the first time we'll be travelling with our baby and we're looking for some destination suggestions. The baby will be around 16 months old by then. We're pretty much open to any suggestions within North America and have up to two weeks for the trip. Any suggestions??

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
Wow..2 weeks with a 16 month old in tow across country will be..to say the least...tough I'm guessing (long plane rides etc)....personally I think that age is too young and restless to even enjoy what the parents think is going to be a fun "vacation".

Maybe find a family friendly spot closer to home and try doing a 3 or 4 day "mini vacation". Then save up for when he/she is older and can really enjoy the time away with the family...Maybe a trip to Disney etc.

Ari

Stunt Coordinator
We're actually flying in from Asia to Toronto to attend a wedding so a long flight is already a given. I figure that we only really need to be in Toronto around a week and my wife and I can take a total of around three weeks off.

We'll be flying in either via Vancouver/Seattle, San Francisco or NY so we can do our excursions out of those cities (or Toronto)....any suggestions??

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
My daughter's been on planes since she was 6 months old. She's 5 now. Many plane trips.

She is a really good traveler. We fly on Jet blue a lot, the tv is key and when we can't fly on jet blue we bought a portable DVD player. When she is bored of that we played games.

I guess it all depends on your kid. We tried it out hoping that we wouldn't be the parents of the screaming kid on the plane and we lucked out.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks