What's new

Pre-Order Trading Places (1983) (4k UHD Combo) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
91qPwOFSMxL._SL1500_.jpg

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. As an Amazon Associate, HTF earns from qualifying purchases. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Hey, is the Paramount Presents… label still a thing? It seems like this would be part of it if it was.

Either way, this is a terrific movie, one of the best comedies ever made.

titch

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Oppegaard
What - has no one on this forum bothered to check this out yet? I've compared it to the "Paramount Presents" blu-ray from 2020...and I can't see any difference, projected onto a large screen. Very similar to the Rosemary's Baby case. Zero increase in fine detail, a very subtle shift in colours, but nothing that would make you want to rush out and trade up.

I looked around on the net to see if it was just me, but apparently not:

At least Paramount's just served up the previous master, without going all George Lucas on it. But a pointless release.

tenia

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Rémy
It also looks like it has the same ghosting issues that on the BD, but on top of that, the encode is such a mess the Paramount Presents BD has a better grain patten.

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
It also looks like it has the same ghosting issues that on the BD, but on top of that, the encode is such a mess the Paramount Presents BD has a better grain patten.
Yeah. I was on the fence about upgrading to 4k, but now that I saw the caps-a-holic comparisons (bless them!), I will stick with my BD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks