What's new

Toshiba owners: Digital Convergence - What is it? (1 Viewer)

steve jaros

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Steve
I am expecting deliver of my 57h81 early next week, and of course i'll want to do some convergence tweaking of my own before i get it ISF'd. Supposedely, the set has "digital convergence".
My question is this - on my old Toshiba 40" 16:9 tv, i did my tweaking by using the service menu to access the "grid" of white lines, then moving the cursor around to all 64 points (or whatever) and making sure the blue/green/red lines "converged".
Will i converge my new set the same way, or is Digital Convergence something different?
Thanks!

Jeff D.

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeff
Digital convergence refers to a new automatic convergence system. Using optical sensors behind the screen, the set can now adjust convergence on its own.
From what I understand, the service mode convergence is still available, if you find the set does not do a good job.
------------------
"They're coming to get you Barbara..."

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
Steve,
I checked out the 50H81 at BB. In addition to the auto-convergence it has single and 9 point convergence in the user menu. I have seen posts here stating the 64 point is still available in the service menu.
------------------
Steve S.
I prefer not to push the subwoofers until they're properly run in.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks