What's new

Toshiba DVD Mpeg? (1 Viewer)

Joey Ford

Agent
Hi guys,

I have a Toshiba SD-9200 DVD player and cannot get it to play DVDs I burned on my computer. I burned the DVD in the .mpg format but when I put it in the player, it just sits there loading.

Is it not possible to play these type of recordings with this player?

I know it cannot play a DVD+RW disc but the disc I used is a DVD+R

I appreciate any and all responses.
Joey

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
If you just burned the .mpg files to DVD as data then it's probably not going to work. You have to author the DVD as a video-dvd, similar to the way you have to author a music CD differently than a data CD. See if your software can do video DVDs, and if not you're going to need to get some software that can.

Good luck :)

Don_Berg

Supporting Actor
DVD players can only play a properly authored DVD with VOB files and title sets. You need to use a DVD authoring software to generate the proper files from MPG files. Also DVD requires the video to be in a defined MPEG-2 format with resolution of 720x480 with a maximum bitrate of 9.8Mbit/sec with AC3 or LPCM 48Khz audio.

Joey Ford

Agent
Thanks guys.

I am using Sonic MyDVD software that came with my DELL computer. I simply hooked my camcorder to the computer and began capturing the video via Sonic. Once completed, I chose to burn the DVD and didn't change anything as the process was quite simple.

Is this software too simple for the purpose of home theater viewing?

I appreciate the help.
Joey

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks