Tosh 4700 CD and CD/CDR playing probs

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Cub Karabian, Dec 21, 2001.

1. Cub Karabian

Cub Karabian Auditioning

God I want to like this player, which I got from Best Buy three days ago, and I see a serious visual improvement from my old Tosh 2200, BUT this morning I tried to play a couple CD-Rs and even standard CDs and I got nothing...

Just says "LOADING" then returns a "DISC ERROR" on the screen...

Has anyone else experienced this? Without any logical explanation, I am afraid the little sucker is going back to Best Buy. The question is to go thru hastle of returning it for a new unit or this might be symptomatic of the batch of players?

I have read about some of the problems with this unit (here and audioreview.com), but that is the first I had heard of this problem.

Connection is via Coaxial Output to Sony Processor, but that really shouldn't matter.

Thanks for feedback!!!!

2. Gavin McCullough

haven't had mine long, but i love it...it has played dvds and cds flawlessly...menus are faster than previous toshiba models, but still are a bit slow...it takes a few seconds to load burned cd's, but they play fine once the machine figures them out (maybe 5 seconds or so)...i have not tried mp3s on it yet....i would try the problem discs in another player, but probably would just return the 4700 and try a new one...if the second one gives you fits too then it may be time to try a panny or jvc....hope this helps....g