What's new

Tosh 4700 CD and CD/CDR playing probs (1 Viewer)

Cub Karabian

Auditioning
God I want to like this player, which I got from Best Buy three days ago, and I see a serious visual improvement from my old Tosh 2200, BUT this morning I tried to play a couple CD-Rs and even standard CDs and I got nothing...

Just says "LOADING" then returns a "DISC ERROR" on the screen...

Has anyone else experienced this? Without any logical explanation, I am afraid the little sucker is going back to Best Buy. The question is to go thru hastle of returning it for a new unit or this might be symptomatic of the batch of players?

I have read about some of the problems with this unit (here and audioreview.com), but that is the first I had heard of this problem.

Connection is via Coaxial Output to Sony Processor, but that really shouldn't matter.

Thanks for feedback!!!!

haven't had mine long, but i love it...it has played dvds and cds flawlessly...menus are faster than previous toshiba models, but still are a bit slow...it takes a few seconds to load burned cd's, but they play fine once the machine figures them out (maybe 5 seconds or so)...i have not tried mp3s on it yet....i would try the problem discs in another player, but probably would just return the 4700 and try a new one...if the second one gives you fits too then it may be time to try a panny or jvc....hope this helps....g

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks