What's new

top plate of speaker stands (1 Viewer)

Takosan

Stunt Coordinator
This might be a dumb question but I'm wondering what I should do if I can't find speaker stands that have large enough top plate to match the surround speaker's footprint? Is it safe to just balance the speaker on a smaller top plate?
I've been searching high & low for an affordable speaker stand for my B&W 602s2 which has a footprint of 9.3" x 12" without much luck.
Takosan

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
A little smaller is fine. Good stands will also come with those little rubber things or something similar to go under the speaker to help with vibrations. Look atwww.audioadvisor.com or go to manuf. web sites such aswww.sanus.com www.lovaninc., Link Removed etc. You may even be able to find close-outs for Target stuff. Good stands will make a difference.

Takosan

Stunt Coordinator
Thanx. I feel a little better if I can't find a large enough top plate. Have you heard ofwww.vtimanufacturing.com? I saw them advertised in the bag of audio mags & they look very similar to the 'branded' ones.
Takosan

Pete Jennings

Second Unit
I use a very well made of Prime J-50 stands that are manufactured by Paradigm. They retail for about $179 a pair, are easily filled with lead shot or sand, and are as stable as any thing made by Lovan. They work very well with my B&W 602S2's, and look great! They are 20.5" high, and put my tweeters at a height of about 38", which is perfect.
You can see them at Link Removed (choose the J series), and you should be able to buy them from any Paradigm dealer. I warn you though, they got overly cute with their website, it runs like a slug on a dial-up connection!
Good luck!
Pete

Takosan,
I bought a set of stands from Parts Express that complement my home-built Audax D'Appolito HT mains perfectly for less than $100 USD. They are actually 26" tall and place the MTM's tweeter at 37".
They have a 9"W x 10"D top plate. I used Blu-Tak to secure the speakers to the stands. They are constructed from 3/8" plate steel and I filled the pillars of mine with a mixture of sand and steel shot. When filled they weigh about 50 lbs. each without speakers.
You will find the stands here:
Parts Express Audiophile Speaker Stands
You can see a picture of my speakers with stands at:
My Home Theater Page
Dennis

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
The VTI stuff looked good. Something of good metal consturction fillable with sand and use of tack type stuff would be the way to go.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Areles
Recent bookmarks