What's new

Too many TV shows I'm interested in watching! (1 Viewer)

Paul Jenkins

Supporting Actor
Patrick my man, 2 UltimateTVs or 2 DirecTivos and your problem is solved (2 tuners on each == 4 concurrent programs can be recorded!)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Let's see, here's a rundown of stuff I'm interested in watching this season (I'm sure I'm missing some other shows):
Sunday:
X-Files, Alias?
Monday:
Boston Public, Ally McBeal, Angel, Road Rules, Buffy (FX), Crossing Jordan
Tuesday:
Frasier, Gilmore Girls, Real World, Smallville, Buffy (UPN and FX), Drew Carey, Undeclared, 24, Spin City, Philly
Wednesday:
The Amazing Race, Ed, and something else...Enterprise!
Thursday:
Survivor, Friends, Will and Grace, ER, CSI, Agency
Friday:
Dark Angel, Pasadena, Once and Again
Saturday:
Nothing...
(I don't want to do DirecTV, and not quite sold on TiVo, so I'll make due with the VCR's, and I could always buy another VCR rather cheaply). :)
------------------
PatCave ; HT Pix ; Gear ; DIY Mains ; DIY CC ; Sunosub I + II + III ; DVDs ; Link Removed
[Edited last by Patrick Sun on September 25, 2001 at 06:21 PM]

Stephen Orr

Screenwriter
I have 4! vcrs, and they will be doing triple duty this year. The problem is finding the time to watch everything!

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
I can't decide on what to watch at 8pm tonight. I am curious about Enterprise (though I hated DS9 and only saw a couple episodes of Voyager, Enterprise sounds promising). I also want to see Lost, but I think the Travel Channel is showing reruns, and I also want to watch That 70's Show. I also started watching Ed over the summer and liked it.
Next week it gets harder with The Amazing Race up against The West Wing.
What's really going to be hard is that I will be starting dialysis soon and miss 3 nights a week of Prime Time and will have to decide on one thing to tape.
I wish Ultimate TV would work with Digital Cable.
------------------
These chicks know how to party! - MoJo JoJo

Brent Hutto

Supporting Actor
Tonight's episode is "Eric's Depression", which I don't
recall having seen before. For some reason, Fox seems to be
burning off two new eps this week. I guess next week they'll
be back to reruns on Wednesday.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
That list may shrink some, Patrick. Did you watch Philly's debut last night? Speaking only for myself, Tuesday 10-11 just got freed up.
M.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
As always, individual mileage may vary. I posted a few comments in a separate Philly thread , which I assume you haven't read yet. I'll probably try one more episode, but I'm not optimistic.
M.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Wow, thanks for telling me it was a new episode guys! That would have been the first 70's show I had missed...ever!

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
There was FAR too much on tonight. Enterprise, Lost, Amazing Race, That 70's Show, Titus (on locally, thank god I had seen it), Law and Order, and yes I wanted to check out Love Cruise again (I've decided I like Reality trash).
And I thought I had to squeeze in West Wing.
Where was all of this on Monday?
------------------

brentl

Senior HTF Member
Look like it's a season of TV watching and gaining weight :)
The ONLY free day is Saturday.
I haven't had a VCR set up in 10 months ... If I miss a show then so be it!!
LL cool B

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
I wound up watching That 70's Show, the second half of Lost and The Amazing Race.
Can someone clue me into why Eric and Donna broke up, I guess I missed that episode.
I couldn't get back into Lost. Truly annoying people. I still like The Amazing Race. It might be the best "reality" TV show on.
I flipped over to Enterprise a couple times. It looked pretty good but I figure I can catch it over the summer. I can't imagine UPN canceling a Star Trek series, even if the ratings were bad. It would easily make money in syndication.
The only thing on tonight (for me) is the 7pm Buffy rereun and the season premier of Friends.
------------------

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
Larry, Eric gave Donna a promise-ring and she started having nightmares about giving up her life. She wanted to give it back and the conversation went something like this:
Donna: I think I want you to take this ring back.
Eric: well...then I think we should stop seeing each other.
Donna: Are you breaking up with me?
Eric: Are you giving back the ring?
Donna: Yes.
Eric: Yes.
Neither one would back down so they broke up.

Jake Gove

Second Unit
Patrick said: quote: and not quite sold on TiVo,[/quote]
Why not? What aren't you sure about? TiVo is the best thing to happen to home entertainment!
I can record two shows on at the same time, with no tapes involved. Or watch two shows at the same time by watching one until the commercial, pausing the TiVo, switching to the other tuner and watching the other show until its own commercial, then switching back, etc. Just set up season passes for all the shows you like, and TiVo will record them all, even if they're on different days than they normally are (like That 70s Show being on Monday and Tuesday). You can set it up so only new shows are recorded, no repeats. If you want to save a particular show, you can archive it to tape.
I would highly recommend getting a Directv/TiVo combo box and ditching the cable. While they cost about 300+ in stores, you can get them here for just 179 bucks: http://www.orbitsat.com Whoops, that's for existing customers. For new DirecTV customers, the cost is only 99 bucks!
TiVo is truly something that I consider money well spent.
------------------
Jake
http://www.jawsmovie.com My JAWS Fansite
Link Removed My Arcade PC
Link Removed My Home Theater Pics
[Edited last by Jake Gove on September 27, 2001 at 01:31 PM]

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
Jake,
Will Tivo work with Digital cable? Can it record 2 shows n at the same time (I thought that was just Ultimate TV).
------------------

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
quote: Can it record 2 shows n at the same time (I thought that was just Ultimate TV).[/quote] The regular models cannot, but the DirecTiVos can. It's a moot point for me, because I can't receive DirecTV.
As for digital cable, it should work just fine. TiVo connects to the system between the cable box and your TV or A/V system. At that point the signal should be analog.
I've managed pretty well for the last year with a combination of TiVo and a VCR. TiVo handles all the scrambled channels, while the VCR takes a direct cable feed (without the box) and handles all the unscrambled channels (basically, the broadcast networks).
M.
[Edited last by Michael Reuben on September 27, 2001 at 09:18 PM]

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Michael. I guess I can add a Tivo to my wish list (along with the new AV Receiever, Surround Speakers, DVD-A player, CD recorder, Nintendo Game Cube, Titanium Powerbook, car, and bicycle...not too mention DVDs, CDs, and software for the above). :)
------------------

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks