What's new

tone defeat (1 Viewer)

itai

Stunt Coordinator
hi
it took me 6 months..., to stop and see there's a "tone-defeat" feature in my 3802. it of course hides the treble & bass sliders, is it doing anything else? like an analog bypass or something? i looked in the manual, but got lost there... anyone?

John Royster

Screenwriter
you can use the "direct" mode with sub set to off for a true analog bypass. You turn the sub off by adjusting the speaker levels, press the enter key and turn the sub one notch below -12, OFF.

It will retain these settings for direct only.

Greg Haynes

Supporting Actor
Mark,

By keeping tone defeat ON, you disable all bass and treble controls. By defeating this the sound being played will playback the way it was meant to be. Adding bass and treble will only alter the sound. This is just IMHO. For me I don't want anything coloring the sound.

Mark Austin

Supporting Actor
By keeping tone defeat ON, you disable all bass and treble controls. By defeating this the sound being played will playback the way it was meant to be.
While I don't use tone controls myself, the basic fact is you aren't listening for someonelses enjoyment(the person who recorded the sound), but your own. If you enjoy listening with slight adjustments using the tone controls, then more power to you.

itai

Stunt Coordinator
i was just asking if it does an analog bypass, like in direct, or just disabaling the sliders, which is kinda silly...

Mark Romero

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark Romero
By keeping tone defeat ON, you disable all bass and treble controls. By defeating this the sound being played will playback the way it was meant to be. Adding bass and treble will only alter the sound.
I agree partially. But production isn't too good on some of the stuff I listen to. Plus, as I stated in another thread about tone controls, I think I lost a little hearing from too many concerts so I turn up the treble a little.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks