What's new

Tom & Jerry Aspect Ratios (1 Viewer)

Ernesto Santos

Stunt Coordinator
Patrick,

I think what he means is have they edited the cartoons so that Mammy is cut out completely from the episode or are those episodes no longer played on TV. I thought I heard that the Warner issues were censored in this way. I could be wrong though.

bill lopez

Second Unit
Now if that's the case about Tom&Jerry's mammy then why would they release THE MAGNIFCENT 7? They showed Mexicans as being poor dumb farmers or bandits.How come there was no up roar on that dvd?

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
Now if that's the case about Tom&Jerry's mammy then why would they release THE MAGNIFCENT 7? They showed Mexicans as being poor dumb farmers or bandits.How come there was no up roar on that dvd?
Not that I'm justifying this rationale, but the studios are more likely to censor family material. This is why Song of the South remains locked away by Disney, while Gone With The Wind is freely availible, even though they both contain stereotypical representations of blacks.

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
I know that Mammy has a new, politically correct inflection to her voice in most of the cartoons now, and that in a couple of them she was redrawn as white, but as far as I know no footage has been removed of the T&J they still show (and in this box).

paul o'donnell

Second Unit
Mammy is in tact (over here anyway) but they (Cartoon Network) do cut scenes where something explodes next to say a character's face and the smoke clears to reveal a "black face", yet equally 'racist' jokes regarding for instance chinese referrences are left in tact.

Just wish they'd leave them alone.

bill lopez

Second Unit
If they can censor 1950's cartoon's because it sterotypes blacks will the day caome when they will censor the Hip-Hop videos,movies & music of blacks of the 1990's because in the years to come they will say that's a bad sterotype?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks