What's new

Toejam and Earl 3 is coming baby... (1 Viewer)

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
At least that what the news sites are buggin about.
Click Link Removed
Looks to be the first screens of the game along with a video of the Dreamcast version that never made it (*sniff* Romier wipes a tear away:frowning:).
(and this better not be an April fools joke!!)

Shayne Lebrun

Screenwriter
Oh that would be so sweet. Hopefully they hide a port of Panic on Funkotron somewhere in the game, too, Shenmue style.

Brion Lydon

Stunt Coordinator
Check out the latest Official Xbox Magazine. It has screenshots and a write-up on the game.

I can't wait for this one!

Brion

Andre F

Screenwriter
This might push over the edge to get an X-Box. I loved the original.

-Andre F

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
I was supposed to redo TJ&E.com for the creators, unfortunately my life went to crap right about that time
I did talk to them on the phone though, and we had a good laugh about how the game didn't work properly on emulators because they did funky programming ;)
Panic on Funkatron was made to make the game more kid-friendly so they could make a cartoon out of it. Now that they have the rights back, TJ&E 3 will ROCK! They've been working on it since mid-1999
can you post the insider stuff? And also what's the link to the movie file? It's not showing up

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Here is the current image available for the X-box version of the game:
toejameandearl_040102_460_02.jpg

You can take a look at the movie of the Dreamcast version here on my FTP space also:
Click here
THe article isn't part of the isnider service so I'll post it here:
April 01, 2002 - Sega is bringing their cult favorite Genesis franchise "ToeJam & Earl" to the Xbox with the announcement of ToeJam & Earl III, due out this fall exclusively on Microsoft's console. TJ&E Productions put this title together with the production help of Visual Concepts. The funk is the guiding light in ToeJam III and the focus on music should appeal to Xbox owners the same way Jet Set Radio Future's quirky dance-pop tunes had everybody skating and bopping along.
"Given the synergy between ToeJam & Earl's irreverent, off-the-wall style and the Xbox audience, this exclusive deal was a perfect match," said Mike Fischer, vice president of entertainment marketing, SEGA of America. "With its inventive plot, distinctive characters and clever humor, 'ToeJam & Earl III' reiterates SEGA's commitment to publishing daring, genre-bending games. If you're ready for something completely different, check out 'ToeJam & Earl III' it's not like anything you've seen before."
The cooperative gameplay of the original ToeJam & Earl title on Genesis was groundbreaking and this fourth game in the series for Xbox is taking it a step further. Even though TJ&E 3 will be in 3D, the game will still split the screen automatically when two players get too far away from each other. The game was initially scheduled to be released on Dreamcast, but Sega's last console didn't survive long enough for the sluggish duo to make it to market.
Earl, ToeJam and their new honey Latisha are on a mission to recover the 12 sacred albums of funk that belong to Lamont the Funkapotamous. Using a variety of funk related powers given to them by Santa Funk, ToeJam and Earl are trying to " convert the un-funky Earthlings to the ways of Funk."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks