What's new

To Angle, or not to Angle the center channel - RAF or M&K 150 Owners Wanted! (1 Viewer)

Chris Rein

Stunt Coordinator
Hello!

RAF, I know you have this series of M&K Speakers, but I'm not sure what you did for the center channel.

As some or all of you may know, M&K has an angled center channel for rear projection televisions, as well as, the "normal" one that matches the L & R speakers.

Now, I have a large rear projection television, so sure, the angled center should be the choice I make, correct? Here's the kicker, I'm planning on getting a front projector sometime soon. I obviously won't have the need for the angled center, right? Or can the angled center be positioned behind the screen (or under) to still create the seamless front soundstage? Should I just get the "normal" center channel and just prop it up to angle at the listener?

Thanks for your help. I am pretty much clueless right now!

Chris

FredS

Grip
IMO the advantage of the angled center speaker is aesthetics. M&K makes an attachment that connects to the back of the standard (non angled) center channel speaker, to allow you to adjust to any desired angle. Chances are the specific angle built into the angled-center speaker won't be right for you anyway. It is very important to get the angle right, which is why M&K also sells that laser leveling tool.

Chris Rein

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Fred.

I think I'll get the non-angled center and just angle it on my own on my RPTV. When I get the front projector, I'll get the mounting bracket you are talking about and do it myself again. I guess if I want these speakers to last for a while, I need to think long term! I'll take a look into the laser alignment too.

Thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks